Sign in with
Your question

Gamers say "There's No point to conroe" - Page 6

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 14, 2006 11:16:46 PM

Quote:
Word. But I'm feeling generous today, so I'll just point out to the rational minds like yours that his statement, there's no point to Core2 Duo's...is only backed by his implication that they cost a lot more. Which, if pressed hard enough, he'd have to admit is not true.

I went through several pages of the guy spewing on about $1000 CPU's and he comes back and says it's irrelevant because the $800 he had previously used refered to a graphics card. I look around for expensive CPU's and I see FX and Xtreme, neither of which are pertinent to any discussion on value.

You must not have read the whole thread then or you would have noticed how i explained myself. And i didn't say it was about a graphics card, i said it was about the x6800 being $800 more than most people need if we're talkign about the same thing.

PS. I don't care that you 40 000 posts, or have been here the longest. That doesn't make you right. If you don't care enough to read the whole thread but are still willing to give mostly unfounded critizism I'm still going to call you a tard because thats what you are.

GO AHEAD...... BAN ME :twisted:

Moo.
Shut The Fuck Up, And Don't Talk Shit About Crashman You Inbred Fucking Idiot!
August 14, 2006 11:17:58 PM

Quote:
Word. But I'm feeling generous today, so I'll just point out to the rational minds like yours that his statement, there's no point to Core2 Duo's...is only backed by his implication that they cost a lot more. Which, if pressed hard enough, he'd have to admit is not true.

I went through several pages of the guy spewing on about $1000 CPU's and he comes back and says it's irrelevant because the $800 he had previously used refered to a graphics card. I look around for expensive CPU's and I see FX and Xtreme, neither of which are pertinent to any discussion on value.

You must not have read the whole thread then or you would have noticed how i explained myself. And i didn't say it was about a graphics card, i said it was about the x6800 being $800 more than most people need if we're talkign about the same thing.

PS. I don't care that you 40 000 posts, or have been here the longest. That doesn't make you right. If you don't care enough to read the whole thread but are still willing to give mostly unfounded critizism I'm still going to call you a tard because thats what you are.

Moo.
Shut The **** Up, And Don't Talk **** About Crashman You Inbred ****** Idiot!

I'm guessing you like/respect Crashman?

Then again, i guess everyone here, including me does.
August 14, 2006 11:22:26 PM

Quote:
I don't care that you 40 000 posts, or have been here the longest. That doesn't make you right.

You're right about one thing, it's not my 40,000 posts that make me right. It's being right that makes me right. Being right is a lifestyle choice, you either do it, as I do, or you wallow with the swine. In fact, there are two competing phillosophies that apply here:

1.) Don't argue with a fool (only a stupid man would waste his time), even a fool looks wise when he holds his tongue...
2.) Rebuke a fool (so that everyone else will understand)

I shouldn't have to read more than three pages to respond to your first statement. In fact, I don't. If you wanted to revise that statement, you would have. E6300 goes for around $200, E6400 goes for around $250, both are dropping towards their wholesale prices as availability increases.

The problem is, you're stating that Conroe's are very expensive, which they aren't, making them a poor value, which they aren't. AMD dropped their prices in reaction to Core2 Duo's, so now we have options for good value whereas before we didn't.

Because Intel offered high-value pricing on Core2 processors from the outset (which you arogantly said was not the case) You now have the option of of getting good value from AMD. Or Intel. You thought perhaps your rant would deceive us? Or perhaps, as you said, you were simply reporting other people's MISconceptions? Either way, you have shown yourself willing to perpetuate such misconceptions, to back up such ignorant claims, and hopefully none of the newbies have taken your mis-information to heart.

Word.
Related resources
August 14, 2006 11:29:03 PM

Quote:

Moo.

Yes Crashman is very high on my list.
August 14, 2006 11:31:29 PM

Quote:

Moo.

Yes Crashman is very high on my list.

He is a great contributor to these forums, wouldn't be the same without him.

I wonder how long these threads can actually get?

Anyway, i'm off to bed. Has been a loooooong day. Good night y'all.
August 15, 2006 1:45:40 AM

Quote:

Don't you just wish you could be more like old uncle Bill. :!: :!:

No, i just wanna win that $10 000 pc from tom's.... too bad i live in Canada and am only 17 :cry: 

Actually since i can't win, yes i do want to be like Bill :wink:While i don't agree with your assertions in this thread, i'm with you 100% on the Tom's $10K PC. Their are a lot of Canucks on this forum, and we get rooked on the giveaway. We still earn them money from advertising, everytime we click on something...so we deserve a shot at the Prize as well. :evil: 
August 15, 2006 2:23:12 AM

Quote:

Don't you just wish you could be more like old uncle Bill. :!: :!:

No, i just wanna win that $10 000 pc from tom's.... too bad i live in Canada and am only 17 :cry: 

Actually since i can't win, yes i do want to be like Bill :wink:While i don't agree with your assertions in this thread, i'm with you 100% on the Tom's $10K PC. Their are a lot of Canucks on this forum, and we get rooked on the giveaway. We still earn them money from advertising, everytime we click on something...so we deserve a shot at the Prize as well. :evil: 

That is BS. I dont see why THG couldnt open the contest to Canada. Ya, there's got to be some legal BS , but surely it shouldnt be that big of a deal to work around.

Peace
August 15, 2006 2:27:22 AM

Quote:
Saying a PC isn't for gaming is just stupid.

You miss read my statement, "If people just wanted to game on there PC then they shouldn't even get a PC, get a console for that. The PC isn't just for gaming and far from it."

I didn't say they arn't for gaming, but a PC is more then just for gaming. If you only game on a PC it's far cheaper just getting a console. But which person that plays games on PC doesn't look on the net, talk on IM and a bunch of other stuff. So just comparing a CPU just for gaming is pointless.

@ corvetteguy there are 64bit Celerons out and have been for around a year now. But in regards to Vista if someone is getting a low end system then they will be getting XP with it. Low-mid and above will be getting Vista with it. But to get the eye candy you'll need a mid and above system for sure which is around the $1000 and above price range not including the price for Vista. And I'm sure MS will charge a large peice of coin for it again so that might turn people off from it.
August 15, 2006 3:03:06 AM

Quote:
Just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean others can't. Stop spreading your FUD.

Is that the best you can come up with? I hear your mother calling you, go home.

By the way, I can afford them.
August 15, 2006 3:18:22 AM

Wow. Nearly 22000 views.......

I think this is indicative of the "offensive" nature of the majority of "old" forum members. Plenty of people are just flabbergasted by the rudeness exhibited a lot of the time.
Fortunately this board is not driven by "fanboyism" but people who need help.
August 15, 2006 3:23:17 AM

baron i think u can agree when i say this topic has turned into.....pretty much spam

the point the topic starter was tryin to make has almost nothing to do with the title, and we hav the biggest bunch of fanboys cat fighting each other over something stupid, lock thread plz or better yet delete it, this is a waste of space

the problem with the other stuf, it dosnt matter, word processors, music p'layers and the internet dosnt take up a lot of processoing power, so the only thing that woud matter to me is gaming performance, and there is a point to conroe unlike the topic says
August 15, 2006 3:31:13 AM

Quote:

I think this is indicative of the "offensive" nature of the majority of "old" forum members. Plenty of people are just flabbergasted by the rudeness exhibited a lot of the time.

"Pot, Pot, this is Kettle calling, Pot, come in Pot....."
August 15, 2006 4:11:25 AM

Quote:

Reallyy 22000 views... wow, there must have been something controversial about this thread, but i'm not sure what?

:wink:
August 15, 2006 4:31:10 AM

After reading all 13 pages fully, absorbing all the opinions expressed, meditating on the facts, weighing-in the measure of bias throughout, and drawing my own conclusions ....

... I am speechless. 8O

August 15, 2006 4:36:17 AM

Quote:
After reading all 13 pages fully, absorbing all the opinions expressed, meditating on the facts, weighing-in the measure of bias throughout, and drawing my own conclusions ....

... I am speechless. 8O

After 13 pages, we have a clear and undeniable winner.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

I am truly humbled by your wit Sir, envious and in no small way jealous of the intellect that generated this post.

On that note: Tune in tomorrow as the saga continues, here on THG

Peace
August 15, 2006 4:36:54 AM

Glad we could entertain you! :wink:

Unless your not entertained then we're sorry for whatever permanent damage is done to your speech, and Jack, Turpit, and vern will gladly pay for you to get better. :lol: 
August 15, 2006 4:40:58 AM

OHHHH...... don't be soooo dramatic.....

August 15, 2006 4:49:59 AM

Quote:

Not dramatic, honest. I was not making fun of Arby, I was sincere. Regardless of whether he intended his post to be humerous or not, I found it to be just that, as well as (IMO) intellectually sitmulating and devised by an individual with a heathly intellect.

Peace
August 15, 2006 5:00:33 AM

Quote:

Not dramatic, honest. I was not making fun of Arby, I was sincere. Regardless of whether he intended his post to be humerous or not, I found it to be just that, as well as (IMO) intellectually sitmulating and devised by an individual with a heathly intellect.

Peace

I know is was joking about the fact that this thread turned into a soap opra. :wink:

I know you thought it was funny and so did i. :D 
August 15, 2006 11:00:27 AM

Quote:
Plenty of people are just flabbergasted by the rudeness exhibited a lot of the time.

Myself included, when 2 pages back you stated that all aborigines had the intelligence of cavemen.

Yet still you continue to insult people.
August 15, 2006 12:07:55 PM

Quote:
Plenty of people are just flabbergasted by the rudeness exhibited a lot of the time.

Myself included, when 2 pages back you stated that all aborigines had the intelligence of cavemen.

He got owned.
August 15, 2006 12:17:05 PM

Quote:

I'm a taiwanese aborigine... dont mind BaronBS. remember kids, if at first you dont succeed, your baronBS
August 15, 2006 12:19:09 PM

Quote:
ur topic thread should hav been "Theres No Point in High end CPUs"

Actually I think the topic thread should have been "A Lesson in the Psycology of Sour Grapes"
August 15, 2006 12:37:36 PM

Quote:

Actually I think the topic thread should have been "A Lesson in the Psycology of Sour Grapes"

THATS A GOOD ONE!!! :?
August 15, 2006 12:59:13 PM

Quote:

THATS A GOOD ONE!!! :?

TO be honest this thread has had quite a few little comical posts in it, this being one.
    • First
    • Previous
    • 6 / 6
    • More pages
!