DNS problem-name resolve is too slow

Dear all,

I have a Domian contoller with active directoy integrated
DNS (PIII pc 256 of RAM) and exchange server. I have
redio link for internet. and using one broadband router. I
have configured DHCP in that device (Repotec broadband
router. Problem is that, when I give dns ip of my own dns
address, internet browsing is to slow. but when I use
ISP's dns server browsig is good.
As my knowledge My own dns server must resolve all
internet requiest from clients without any problem but i
am not getting satisfied by windown 2000 dns.
Pleae give me solution.

"Laxman" <laxman@dns1.vianet.com.np> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have a Domian contoller with active directoy integrated
> DNS (PIII pc 256 of RAM) and exchange server. I have
> redio link for internet. and using one broadband router. I
> have configured DHCP in that device (Repotec broadband
> router. Problem is that, when I give dns ip of my own dns
> address, internet browsing is to slow. but when I use
> ISP's dns server browsig is good.

You must use ONLY your INTERNAL servers for ALL of you
DNS client machines NIC\IP properties, including internal servers.

> As my knowledge My own dns server must resolve all
> internet requiest from clients without any problem but i
> am not getting satisfied by windown 2000 dns.
> Pleae give me solution.

It's not a Windows problem -- either your server or your net
is performing poorly (Exchange making it busy) or more likely
you have it misconfigured.

The DNS server should then specify the ISP DNS as a fowarder;
alternatively if you "router" is a DNS server then configure IT
to forward to the ISP and have your internal server forward to
the router.

--
Herb Martin

"Laxman" <laxman@dns1.vianet.com.np> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have a Domian contoller with active directoy integrated
> DNS (PIII pc 256 of RAM) and exchange server. I have
> redio link for internet. and using one broadband router. I
> have configured DHCP in that device (Repotec broadband
> router. Problem is that, when I give dns ip of my own dns
> address, internet browsing is to slow. but when I use
> ISP's dns server browsig is good.
> As my knowledge My own dns server must resolve all
> internet requiest from clients without any problem but i
> am not getting satisfied by windown 2000 dns.
> Pleae give me solution.

To add to Herb's post, here's how to configure a forwarder (which should
take care of your problem). And please don't use your ISP's DNS in your IP
properties, just as a forwarder.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300202

--
Regards,