Lost Product Key

Ok i lost my product key and i am only 16 i got a virus on my other computer
and i lost the product key so i can not reload windows i know what kind of
virus it is b/c i d/l it to test software that i was making to see how it
would hold up the virus i used was one that will put it self onto the hard
drive so that way u can not even start ur computer in safe mode or do any of
that i have managed to get it to load cds so i have put the windows cd in and
try to get it to load it worked i started to load and redo it that way cuz i
know it will work but then i put the product cd key i thought was it but it
said wrong product cd key so i have nothing else to do but to post here b/c
if i make a long distance call my dad would flip so andy help would be great
ty

sorry for the long droaning run on sentances

Road_Runner

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

download this home version program if you can , once start up double click
the operating system listed in this program and it will show your license
keys , here the URL for it

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

"Shawn249" <Shawn249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok i lost my product key and i am only 16 i got a virus on my other
> computer
> and i lost the product key so i can not reload windows i know what kind of
> virus it is b/c i d/l it to test software that i was making to see how it
> would hold up the virus i used was one that will put it self onto the hard
> drive so that way u can not even start ur computer in safe mode or do any
> of
> that i have managed to get it to load cds so i have put the windows cd in
> and
> try to get it to load it worked i started to load and redo it that way cuz
> know it will work but then i put the product cd key i thought was it but
> it
> said wrong product cd key so i have nothing else to do but to post here
> b/c
> if i make a long distance call my dad would flip so andy help would be
> great
> ty
>
> sorry for the long droaning run on sentances

Hi Shawn,

In programming languages, proper syntax will get you everywhere. If not
written properly, it won't work. The same goes for posting. When addressing
a forum and asking for assistance, phrase your post appropriately for
reading. Use capitalization, punctuation, and paragraphs where necessary.
Not doing so will cause many who might be able to help to bypass your
request for lack of readability. There are plenty of people needing
assistance that take the time to do that.

That said, you can probably recover the password using Bart's PE and then
running a password recovery tool.

Bart PE
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

This tool will recover the Product Key:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Shawn249 wrote:
> Ok i lost my product key and i am only 16 i got a virus on my other
> computer and i lost the product key so i can not reload windows i
> know what kind of virus it is b/c i d/l it to test software that i
> was making to see how it would hold up the virus i used was one that
> will put it self onto the hard drive so that way u can not even
> start
> ur computer in safe mode or do any of that i have managed to get it
> to load cds so i have put the windows cd in and try to get it to
> load
> it worked i started to load and redo it that way cuz i know it will
> work but then i put the product cd key i thought was it but it said
> wrong product cd key so i have nothing else to do but to post here
> b/c if i make a long distance call my dad would flip so andy help
> would be great ty
>
> sorry for the long droaning run on sentances

The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number." It is not on the installation CD
in any way, shape, or form. If it was an OEM (factory installed)
license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer affixed to
the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

To recover a lost Product Key:

If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
of the drive image used at the factory and not your specific Product
Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
be -- used for a re-installation.)

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy
a new license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

papa

LEARN HOW TO STRUCTURE A SENTENCE !!

"Shawn249" <Shawn249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok i lost my product key and i am only 16 i got a virus on my other
> computer
> and i lost the product key so i can not reload windows i know what kind of
> virus it is b/c i d/l it to test software that i was making to see how it
> would hold up the virus i used was one that will put it self onto the hard
> drive so that way u can not even start ur computer in safe mode or do any
> of
> that i have managed to get it to load cds so i have put the windows cd in
> and
> try to get it to load it worked i started to load and redo it that way cuz
> know it will work but then i put the product cd key i thought was it but
> it
> said wrong product cd key so i have nothing else to do but to post here
> b/c
> if i make a long distance call my dad would flip so andy help would be
> great
> ty
>
> sorry for the long droaning run on sentances

I don't think U get it, that is a sentence! ;) Perhaps we need to
listen to more pop "music," BE BOP and whatever to understand.