whats wrong with my comp?!?!

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
hmm i think i have a problem.
ok i have one video card in my pc ( the all in wonder x1900 :) ). it was working all good yesterday and now when i boot my system my monitor keeps saying that it doesnt have a signal and its connected to the video card ( dvi i think its called). anyways i cant use my computer at all because it saying that and nothing will appear on my screen.

is it the all in wonder x1900 video card? ( or is it something else because i dont wanna open the other ati all in wonder x1900 box the people sent me since its new). the monitor isn't broke because i tried my other monitor and it has the same problem.

my fans come on and the fan of the video card comes on. but sometimes when i start it up my computer runs for like a second then shuts off then it turns back on in 2 secs then it runs and the screen never appears.

i really dont want to take it to a computer shop place and spend money.
if you need more information just let me know because i really would like to get this problem fixed fast ( im tired of begging my sister to use her computer lol).

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
ok thanks.

i also have another problem. my board keeps telling me my cpu is 70C. i dont beleive it. how do i fix this problem too? ( it has to be a lie)

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
While the issue you are having with the signal is videocard related, the problem might nto be the videocard - it could be the PSU. What PSU are you using in your computer? If the amps aren't strong enough and you are having too much draw on them then your videocard could be affected. Amps are way more important than volts or watts.

If your CPU is having heat issues there are a number of early culprits you could look at initially.

Poor air circulation within the case - improper intake and outtake setup
thermal interface - sometimes, simply reseating the CPU with the heatsink and using somehting like arctic silver 5 can fix that problem.

it was working all good yesterday and now when i boot my system my monitor keeps saying that it doesnt have a signal and its connected to the video card ( dvi i think its called). anyways i cant use my computer at all because it saying that and nothing will appear on my screen.

You'll get this message if you are trying to run a resolution that your LCD monitor does not support. I had this same problem when I was trying to install a Linux distribution in which the setup would run at an unsupported resolution and would result in a "no signal" or "out of range" message on my LCD. Also, a refresh rate that isn't supported can do the same thing. You might want to try different resolutions and/or refresh rates, maybe an updated video driver.

And with your temperature problem, what is the processor you are using? Is this measurement found in the BIOS or are you using a software app to read the temp?