Program to print multiple copies of an image per page

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.
--
I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

More about program print multiple copies image page
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    > I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    > have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.

    If you already have M$ Word, the Avery Wizard software will create Word
    documents for printing on various Avery products. In your case, using
    the template for business cards or something similar and actually
    printing on photo paper might work.

    Alternatively, Irfanview has a "contact sheet" function that might do
    the trick for you. From the Help file:

    http://avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3201

    "Create contact sheet from selected thumbs: allows you to create a large
    image (contact sheet or catalog) with all selected thumbs (files). A
    dialog appears and you can choose the options for the result image."

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    HTH

    --
    Mark Warner
    lose .inhibitions when replying

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:56:05 -0700, in comp.periphs.printers Daniel Prince
    <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    >I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >advance for all replies.

    The best printing tool around Qimage. Give the demo a try.
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
    ----------
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Daniel Prince <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in

    > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    > I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    > have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.

    A similar question was asked here:

    <h7orb1djh8vhg153anlqb7monvs3189bf2@4ax.com>

    Sicerley,
    Bruce
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    > I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    > have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.
    > --
    > I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    > to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    > Newsgroups

    Daniel,
    take a look at:-
    Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want - a
    Google search should find them.
    dfrog
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Most likely you already have the software. It is called Microsoft
    work. Here is how to use it.

    Create a document

    Create a label with the appropriate number of labels on the sheet.

    Insert the jpg into a Label

    Copy that to all of the other Labels

    Print.

    Daniel Prince wrote:

    >Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    >I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >advance for all replies.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "dfrog" <dfrog@lineone.net> wrote in message

    > "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >> multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >> picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >>
    >> I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >> have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >> advance for all replies.
    >> --
    >> I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    >> to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    >> Newsgroups
    >> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
    >
    > Daniel,
    > take a look at:-
    > Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want - a
    > Google search should find them.
    > dfrog

    Iomega photo printer here >> http://www.maxpatchink.com/free.shtml

    the Arcsoft one seems to be elusive, its version 2.0 LE that was freeware

    dfrog

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:55:49 +0100, "dfrog" <dfrog@lineone.net> wrote:

    >> "Daniel Prince" :
    >>> Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >>> multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >>> picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >>>

    >Iomega photo printer here >> http://www.maxpatchink.com/free.shtml

    <snip>

    Good source. Thanks.

    Geo
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    dfrog wrote:

    > "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >>multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >>picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >>
    >>I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >>have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >>advance for all replies.
    >>--
    >>I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    >>to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    > take a look at:-
    > Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want - a
    > Google search should find them.

    Second those recommendations - especially the Iomega app.

    Program: Iomega Photo Printer
    Author: Iomega
    Ware: Freeware
    http://www.netoffices.com/articles/software/iomegaphoto.htm
    (has a nice explantion and a download link)

    http://www.iomega.com/software/listing/_archive.html
    http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe
    v 1.0 (1089 KB)

    JPG and BMP formats only. This is a *very* easy program to use. Drag and drop - WYSIWYG - you can
    overlap photos to make a collage. Browses folders recursively.

    Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

    limitations:

    Will only show all images on NTFS partitions. A work-around is to mount a *virtual* folder such as:

    Program: MountVD
    Author: Walker Brothers
    Ware: (Freeware)
    http://www.lando.co.za/walkerbrothers/

    FAT32 partitions - does not recognize/show folders that have these attributes set: system folders,
    read-only folders, hidden folders.

    ---------

    Program: ArcSoft PhotoPrinterLE (PhotoPrinterLE)
    Author: ArcSoft
    Ware: (Liteware)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20010201155700/arcsoft.com/downloadsfree.html

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher wrote:

    > dfrog wrote:
    >
    >> "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >>> multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >>> picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >>>
    >>> I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >>> have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >>> advance for all replies.
    >>> --
    >>> I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    >>> to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.
    >

    >> take a look at:-
    >> Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want
    >> - a Google search should find them.
    >

    > Second those recommendations - especially the Iomega app.
    >
    > Program: Iomega Photo Printer
    > Author: Iomega
    > Ware: Freeware
    > http://www.netoffices.com/articles/software/iomegaphoto.htm
    > (has a nice explantion and a download link)
    >
    > http://www.iomega.com/software/listing/_archive.html
    > http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe
    > v 1.0 (1089 KB)

    ACK! should have checked the links *before* I posted. :(

    The download link above is good - the other links seem to need revision.

    redirects to new URL: http://www.walkerbrotherssa.com/

    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Its built into WinXp
    Right click photo
    Open with windows picture and fax wizard
    clcik on the printer icon
    go through the wizard

    "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    > I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    > have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.
    > --
    > I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    > to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    > Newsgroups
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Greg,
    knockout !!
    thanks for that snippit - it was something I didn't know about, along no
    doubt with many others

    dfrog

    "Greg Eshleman" <rskid@usa.net> wrote in message
    > Its built into WinXp
    > Right click photo
    > Open with windows picture and fax wizard
    > clcik on the printer icon
    > go through the wizard
    >
    > "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    >> multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    >> picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >>
    >> I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    >> have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    >> advance for all replies.
    >> --
    >> I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
    >> to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

    >> Newsgroups
    >> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    GEO wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:55:49 +0100, "dfrog" <dfrog@lineone.net> wrote:
    >

    >>> "Daniel Prince" :
    >>>>

    >> Iomega photo printer here >> http://www.maxpatchink.com/free.shtml
    >>
    > <snip>
    >
    > Good source. Thanks.
    >
    > Geo

    You can do this through Windows Explorer as long as you want multiple copies of the same photo. Just navigate to the folder that contains the photo and right click on it, choose print from the popup menu and a print wizard will open. The rest is fairly easy to sort out. HTH

    Dan
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Yes, people like me always hit cancel and pay no attention to the
    wizards.

    > knockout !!
    > thanks for that snippit - it was something I didn't know about, along no
    > doubt with many others
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    >
    > I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
    > have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.

    fineprint will print anything with 1,2,4,8 pages per page.
    older versions were free.
    mike

    ..
    Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
    MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <42C0B985.2090607@netscape.net>, spamme0@netscape.net says...
    > Daniel Prince wrote:
    > > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    ==============

    I've been using Iomega's Photo Printer for years .. about 1.5 Megs.
    You may have to Google for it.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <MPG.1d2d0419f1b4e4a8989689@netnews>, Chief Suspect <chief
    suspect@yahoo.com> says...
    > In article <42C0B985.2090607@netscape.net>, spamme0@netscape.net says...
    > > Daniel Prince wrote:
    > > > Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
    > > > multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
    > > > picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.
    > ==============
    >
    > I've been using Iomega's Photo Printer for years .. about 1.5 Megs.
    > You may have to Google for it.
    > ---------

    More about Iomega Photo Printer: I just wanted to make sure the program
    was still working. Should have done that before I started advising. It
    does still work. HOWEVER, in the self-executable form found online for
    download, Windows XP SP-2 users may have a problem with the install
    process freezing and going nowhere. In which case, WinRAR will READ
    the original .EXE install program and reveal the internal files .. so
    you need only to save those internal files to a convenient folder and
    later execute the SETUP.EXE file. It installs fine in this manner.

    Download here:

    http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > the original .EXE install program and reveal the internal files .. so
    > you need only to save those internal files to a convenient folder and
    > later execute the SETUP.EXE file. It installs fine in this manner.

    Could you please be more specific? What are "internal files"? For
    newbies, it is not possible to tell Internal vs. external files. The above
    paragraph is not clear.

    Actually, I installed the file. No problem without using WinRar. When I
    tried to print a page with 30 identical images, my XP-SP2 computer froze.
    Rebooted and tried again. This time I made the print but it took a looong
    time for "collecting data" prior to printing. I am not inclined to use
    this Iomega program. I like to use the XP-internal printer program.
    This program worked like charm.

    Satoshi

    "Chief Suspect" <chief suspect@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > In article <MPG.1d2d0419f1b4e4a8989689@netnews>, Chief Suspect <chief
    > suspect@yahoo.com> says...
    >> ==============
    >>
    >> I've been using Iomega's Photo Printer for years .. about 1.5 Megs.
    >> You may have to Google for it.
    >> ---------
    >
    > More about Iomega Photo Printer: I just wanted to make sure the program
    > was still working. Should have done that before I started advising. It
    > does still work. HOWEVER, in the self-executable form found online for
    > download, Windows XP SP-2 users may have a problem with the install
    > process freezing and going nowhere. In which case, WinRAR will READ
    > the original .EXE install program and reveal the internal files .. so
    > you need only to save those internal files to a convenient folder and
    > later execute the SETUP.EXE file. It installs fine in this manner.
    >
    > Download here:
    >
    > http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe

  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <da0rql$rh5$1@reader2.nmix.net>, satoshi@thuntek.net says...

    > Could you please be more specific? What are "internal files"? For
    > newbies, it is not possible to tell Internal vs. external files. The above
    > paragraph is not clear.
    >
    > Actually, I installed the file. No problem without using WinRar. When I
    > tried to print a page with 30 identical images, my XP-SP2 computer froze.
    > Rebooted and tried again. This time I made the print but it took a looong
    > time for "collecting data" prior to printing. I am not inclined to use
    > this Iomega program. I like to use the XP-internal printer program.
    > This program worked like charm.
    >
    > Satoshi
    ===================================

    The original file as downloaded is a single-file installation setup. It
    really is a self-executable compilation of several files, including a
    SETUP.EXE file and other needed data files. Good, that you got it to
    install from the original without having to resort to extracting the
    separate internal files with WinRAR, such as I had to do.

    But .. now that you do have the program, it seems that you did not read
    the instructions. The program took "a long time gathering data" because
    you (maybe inadvertantly) chose the option of "high-resolution" pictures
    instead of thumbnails. You wanted 30 pix on one page. I tried the
    same, using "Thumbnail" option of the middle size in a "Landscape"
    setting. My options gained more photos on the page than your 30, but the
    result was accomplished nearly instantly, and they printed out
    beautifully.

    Now, on the other hand, if I should have chosen the "High Resolution"
    option, instead of "Thumbnail", the FULL pixel dimensions would have
    been read, making for an absurdly large file, although the printed
    result out of my printer would have been the same as the Thumbnail.
    The High Resolution option is used for computer use. The result in
    that case would allow magnification of the page onscreen to HUGE
    proportions allowing each picture to be viewed up to the original
    pixel size of the picture file. You would then have to "PAN" around
    to see each picture. This is the likely reason your attempt took so
    long. I make use of the Hi-Res option to make a finished PDF file of
    pictures that can be magnified as described above. Stick with the
    Thumbnail option, and the pictures will remain in Thumbnail size only.
    Trying to magnify them will result in grainy and grainier views, but
    making such a file will be very much quicker.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Yes. I did not read the manual. Most of computer programs can be
    executed by common sense, I mean intuitively.
    That's what happened. I even did not bother the thumbnail tab, thinking
    that thumbnail will produce tiny pictures.
    I will try again according to what you have written here.
    Thanks for your information. Satoshi

    > In article <da0rql$rh5$1@reader2.nmix.net>, satoshi@thuntek.net says...
    >
    >> Could you please be more specific? What are "internal files"? For
    >> newbies, it is not possible to tell Internal vs. external files. The
    >> above
    >> paragraph is not clear.
    >>
    >> Actually, I installed the file. No problem without using WinRar. When I
    >> tried to print a page with 30 identical images, my XP-SP2 computer
    >> froze.
    >> Rebooted and tried again. This time I made the print but it took a
    >> looong
    >> time for "collecting data" prior to printing. I am not inclined to use
    >> this Iomega program. I like to use the XP-internal printer program.
    >> This program worked like charm.
    >>
    >> Satoshi
    > ===================================
    >
    > The original file as downloaded is a single-file installation setup. It
    > really is a self-executable compilation of several files, including a
    > SETUP.EXE file and other needed data files. Good, that you got it to
    > install from the original without having to resort to extracting the
    > separate internal files with WinRAR, such as I had to do.
    >
    > But .. now that you do have the program, it seems that you did not read
    > the instructions. The program took "a long time gathering data" because
    > you (maybe inadvertantly) chose the option of "high-resolution" pictures
    > instead of thumbnails. You wanted 30 pix on one page. I tried the
    > same, using "Thumbnail" option of the middle size in a "Landscape"
    > setting. My options gained more photos on the page than your 30, but the
    > result was accomplished nearly instantly, and they printed out
    > beautifully.
    >
    > Now, on the other hand, if I should have chosen the "High Resolution"
    > option, instead of "Thumbnail", the FULL pixel dimensions would have
    > been read, making for an absurdly large file, although the printed
    > result out of my printer would have been the same as the Thumbnail.
    > The High Resolution option is used for computer use. The result in
    > that case would allow magnification of the page onscreen to HUGE
    > proportions allowing each picture to be viewed up to the original
    > pixel size of the picture file. You would then have to "PAN" around
    > to see each picture. This is the likely reason your attempt took so
    > long. I make use of the Hi-Res option to make a finished PDF file of
    > pictures that can be magnified as described above. Stick with the
    > Thumbnail option, and the pictures will remain in Thumbnail size only.
    > Trying to magnify them will result in grainy and grainier views, but
    > making such a file will be very much quicker.

Printers Freeware Peripherals