7800GTX BIG MESS UP!!!!!!

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Buddy of mine Bought a 7800gtx about 3 months ago...We play Americas Army together alot. He used to get about 300-500FPS depending on what map...Then he used Nvidia Ntune performance tuneing wizard and it lowered his FPS tremendously all the way down to 90fps and he wants to redo the change...How do we fix this?

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Considering the fact that your monitor probably can't display that 90 fps anyway let alone the fps you claim to be getting.

If you were getting 3-500 fps why did you try to get more out of teh graphics card?????

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
maxi's right.......wth's wrong with 300-500 fps? (or so you say)

I would reinstall the GPU, and do the drivers over...

Well he wanted to see if he could get more fps... Yes he did get that much so please don't be sarcastic when we are trying to get help from you guys... We will never learn unless we ask correct? Plus your monitor doesn't have anything to do with the frame rate...Trying googleing that next time before you post something ubserd like that... But thanks we will do that tonight!!

BTW the monitor may NOT display it anyway but in the game Americas Army and you type in stat fps in the console it will show you how much fps you card is produceing! Seeing how he HAS a KDS xf7b which is actually a very high quality and performing monitor it would support those fps you seem to think he doesn't get, and if your right why does my MAXIMUMPC NOVEMBER 2005 (uLTIMATE VIDEOCARD SHOWDOWN) show a 17inch Dell trinitron (sucky monitor came out like 5yrs ago) with A 7800gtx getting 120fps on high settings PLAYING Halo a game way newer then americas army a 7year old game when AGP RADION 9550 first came out

Q3 came out about the same time as AA so here is a link for you to do some research b4 you post something like that http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/3211_3622511__3

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I bet it (accidently) did this.

Ntune has several performance auto tweaks.

I've messed with them all, however the biggy was the "silent tuning".
Which basically adjusts your fan speeds to the lowest possible audible level while still maintaining acceptable temperatures.

I found that this messed with the delta clocks on my 7800GTX.
Plus I found my GPU occasionally stuck in 2d clock mode, which obviously wasnt helping my frame rate any....

Try along those lines, if not; uninstall the Ntune function and see if that helps. I dont think you should have to resort to nuking your drive to fix this.