Is there an A3 equivelent to the IP4000 (UK)

zakezuke

> Cheers.

An earlier long thread Estalbished that canon... at least in the US,
mistakenly calls A3 and A3+ printers wide format. Looks like they do
the same thing in the UK too but at least you like the rest of the
world has a civilized standard of paper sizes. I feel deep shame.

I'm not aware of anything directly similar to the ip4000 in a3. I
assume you mean a printer that's a3 and takes a pigmented black? I'm
only aware of the i6500 an a3+ printer taking the older bci-3e inks all
around, rather than the ip4000 which takes the bci-6 inks for color,
but it's closer to the ip3000 in the fact it only has one black (IIRC).
I think the drop size is larger on the i6500, might be able to use the
new inks on it... but you'd have to ask someone else if one can replace
it with a ip3000 head. And the i9950 another a3+ that takes 8
different inks, the the i9100 taking 6 different inks. Someone else
might have more of a clue regarding Canon, I have a huge blindspot as I
only recently started getting into their current line. Also I don't
know how equilivent you want.

This pdf has their inks and which printers they go to.
http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/14_152428.pdf