DNS not logging to Event Viewer

Joe

When i go to event viewer i dont see any dns events. I check the properties
and check log all events and still nothing. This was like this from what i
was told from the beginning of the server setup. Any suggestions on what
might be causing this. I think the issue has something to do with the server
has 2 NICs enabled on the same subnet.

In news:uPUgYDqZEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Joe <noone@liux.it> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> When i go to event viewer i dont see any dns events. I
> check the properties and check log all events and still
> nothing. This was like this from what i was told from the
> beginning of the server setup. Any suggestions on what
> might be causing this. I think the issue has something to
> do with the server has 2 NICs enabled on the same subnet.

DNS does not put much in the event log other than errors and when it starts
and stops. It may go days or weeks without logging an event, if everything
is right.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

In news:uPUgYDqZEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Joe <noone@liux.it> asked for help and I offered my suggestions below:
> When i go to event viewer i dont see any dns events. I check the
> properties and check log all events and still nothing. This was like
> this from what i was told from the beginning of the server setup. Any
> suggestions on what might be causing this. I think the issue has
> something to do with the server has 2 NICs enabled on the same subnet.

If you want to increase the logging level, you can do it in the reg:

198408 - Microsoft DNS Server Registry Parameters, Part 1 of 3:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=198408

But I would leave it default because its extra CPU and DNS service overhead
and slows it down considerably. Be thankful nothing shows up which indicates
its working fine.

Unless there's something specific you are worried about that you may think
DNS would indicate it but its elsewhere?

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.