DNS host name

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 10, 2004 2:30:25 PM

How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks

Rgds
Daniel

More about : dns host

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 4:49:49 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks

DNS server does not answer by name, the name you give it is only an alias
for its IP address. You can create any host name you want for a DNS server
by creating a host record for the IP DNS listens on. For DNS servers to be
used for public domain hosting you should create a host name for the IP DNS
listens on in a registered domain you have control of.
If you want your DNS to be known as ns.mydomain.com and you own mydomain.com
in your mydomain.com zone create a host named ns for the IP DNS listens on,
this will be your local glue record then in the public parent servers create
a host for ns.mydomain.com with the IP your DNS listens on.

Sorry to be so long, but there is no simple answer, it is not like a website
or a mail server that answers to a specific name, DNS just has a listening
IP address.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Kevin, you think, perhaps, he's asking for how to check the authoritative NS
for his domain?

like:
nslookup
set q=ns
domainname.whatever

Just guessing. Otherwise, methinks the easiest way to get the "name" of his
"dns server" would be to just look in the DNS console :)
--
Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
www.akomolafe.com
Yesterday? -anon

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
> In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> > eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks
>
> DNS server does not answer by name, the name you give it is only an alias
> for its IP address. You can create any host name you want for a DNS server
> by creating a host record for the IP DNS listens on. For DNS servers to be
> used for public domain hosting you should create a host name for the IP
DNS
> listens on in a registered domain you have control of.
> If you want your DNS to be known as ns.mydomain.com and you own
mydomain.com
> in your mydomain.com zone create a host named ns for the IP DNS listens
on,
> this will be your local glue record then in the public parent servers
create
> a host for ns.mydomain.com with the IP your DNS listens on.
>
> Sorry to be so long, but there is no simple answer, it is not like a
website
> or a mail server that answers to a specific name, DNS just has a listening
> IP address.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
> email. ==========================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:

July 10, 2004 10:49:59 PM

In news:%230uimctZEHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Deji Akomolafe <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafedotcom> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Kevin, you think, perhaps, he's asking for how to check
> the authoritative NS for his domain?

I dunno, you got me, his question is not very clear if that is what he
wanted.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email. ==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
July 11, 2004 5:29:05 AM

Kevin, where is the public parent server ? is it the isp ? this is
some info what i looking for, thanks

Rgds
Daniel

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message news:<#UoNVZqZEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> > eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks
>
> DNS server does not answer by name, the name you give it is only an alias
> for its IP address. You can create any host name you want for a DNS server
> by creating a host record for the IP DNS listens on. For DNS servers to be
> used for public domain hosting you should create a host name for the IP DNS
> listens on in a registered domain you have control of.
> If you want your DNS to be known as ns.mydomain.com and you own mydomain.com
> in your mydomain.com zone create a host named ns for the IP DNS listens on,
> this will be your local glue record then in the public parent servers create
> a host for ns.mydomain.com with the IP your DNS listens on.
>
> Sorry to be so long, but there is no simple answer, it is not like a website
> or a mail server that answers to a specific name, DNS just has a listening
> IP address.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
> email. ==========================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:
July 11, 2004 5:31:13 AM

Deji, any method to get the FQDN using the nslookup ?

Rgds
Daniel

"Deji Akomolafe" <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafedotcom> wrote in message news:<#0uimctZEHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Kevin, you think, perhaps, he's asking for how to check the authoritative NS
> for his domain?
>
> like:
> nslookup
> set q=ns
> domainname.whatever
>
> Just guessing. Otherwise, methinks the easiest way to get the "name" of his
> "dns server" would be to just look in the DNS console :)
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
> www.akomolafe.com
> Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about
> Yesterday? -anon
>

> "Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
> > In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
> > Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
> > Then Kevin replied below:
> > > How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> > > eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks
> >
> > DNS server does not answer by name, the name you give it is only an alias
> > for its IP address. You can create any host name you want for a DNS server
> > by creating a host record for the IP DNS listens on. For DNS servers to be
> > used for public domain hosting you should create a host name for the IP
> DNS
> > listens on in a registered domain you have control of.
> > If you want your DNS to be known as ns.mydomain.com and you own
> mydomain.com
> > in your mydomain.com zone create a host named ns for the IP DNS listens
> on,
> > this will be your local glue record then in the public parent servers
> create
> > a host for ns.mydomain.com with the IP your DNS listens on.
> >
> > Sorry to be so long, but there is no simple answer, it is not like a
> website
> > or a mail server that answers to a specific name, DNS just has a listening
> > IP address.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> > Hope This Helps
> > ============================
> > --
> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
> > issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
> > email. ==========================================
> > http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> > Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
> > It will strip signature out and more
> > http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
> > Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> > OEBackup:
> > http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx

July 11, 2004 12:15:11 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407110029.57766002@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Kevin, where is the public parent server ? is it the isp
> ? this is
> some info what i looking for, thanks

No it is not the ISP, the parent servers are the gTLD servers for .com,
..org, .net, .us, or what ever the TLD is.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email. ==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
July 11, 2004 7:36:43 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> asked for help and I offered my
suggestions below:
> How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks
>
> Rgds
> Daniel

What exactly are you looking for? Can you post your domain name so we can
check and test what you're trying to do?

If using nslookup to try to find the authorative nameservers, try this:

nslookup
set type=ns
mydomain.com

(the answer shows up here)

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================
Anonymous

Kevin, its the internet root server ? so if i want to setup a name
server i have to enter it into the parent server ?

Rgds
Daniel

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message news:<eKOebk0ZEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0407110029.57766002@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > Kevin, where is the public parent server ? is it the isp
> > ? this is
> > some info what i looking for, thanks
>
> No it is not the ISP, the parent servers are the gTLD servers for .com,
> .org, .net, .us, or what ever the TLD is.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
> email. ==========================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:
July 12, 2004 10:53:11 AM

Ace, this is what i'm looking. Sorry for making some confusion. I've
noticed that all answer were Non-authoritative, is it because my dns
server cached it ?

Rgds
Daniel

"Ace Fekay [MVP]" <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#muta73ZEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0407100930.6fc7d973@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> asked for help and I offered my
> suggestions below:
> > How can i check what is the name of my dns server ?
> > eg,ns.mydomain.com.my . Pls advise. thanks
> >
> > Rgds
> > Daniel
>
> What exactly are you looking for? Can you post your domain name so we can
> check and test what you're trying to do?
>
> If using nslookup to try to find the authorative nameservers, try this:
>
> nslookup
> set type=ns
> mydomain.com
>
> (the answer shows up here)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ace

> so all can benefit.

> and confers no rights.

> Microsoft Windows MVP - Active Directory
>
> HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken;
> A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 12:03:44 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407112204.f2008fd@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Kevin, its the internet root server ? so if i want to
> setup a name
> server i have to enter it into the parent server ?

Your registrar will have to do this for you.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email. ==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
July 12, 2004 1:26:20 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407120553.3c008bb8@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Ace, this is what i'm looking. Sorry for making some
> confusion. I've
> noticed that all answer were Non-authoritative, is it
> because my dns
> server cached it ?

I'm glad Ace was able to get the right answer for you, this is why it is
important that your questions are clear as to what you want.
That said, the reson why you are getting non-authoritative answers is
because the DNS you are querying does not have the answer, it is getting the
answer elsewhere. Either from cached queries, or even directly from the
authoritative DNS.
If you want authoritative answer you have to make the query directly to an
authoritative DNS server.
Here is an example of each:
Non-authoritative:
W:\>nslookup
Default Server: kjweb.lsaol.com
Address: 192.168.0.2

> microsoft.com
Server: kjweb.lsaol.com
Address: 192.168.0.2

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: microsoft.com
Addresses: 207.46.130.108, 207.46.250.119

Authoritative:
W:\>nslookup
Address: 192.168.0.2

> server ns1.msft.net
Default Server: ns1.msft.net
Address: 207.46.245.230

> microsoft.com
Server: ns1.msft.net
Address: 207.46.245.230

Name: microsoft.com
Addresses: 207.46.250.119, 207.46.130.108

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email. ==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
July 12, 2004 3:21:18 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0407120553.3c008bb8@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> asked for help and I offered my
suggestions below:
> Ace, this is what i'm looking. Sorry for making some confusion. I've
> noticed that all answer were Non-authoritative, is it because my dns
> server cached it ?
>
> Rgds
> Daniel

Kevin responded to your answers.

I just want to add, we are always trying to help anyone who posts here.

I do notice you post alot, which is very good! There's no way to find out
the answer to something if you don't ask a question!!

One thing I would like to ask of you Daniel, in the future, when you post
again,. its very IMPORTANT to be very SPECIFIC and provide DETAILS and
ELABORATE when you post a question. This will help us to help you.
Otherwise if you don't provide details and be specific, it will lead to
numerous questions from us asking to be specific and just takes longer for
you to get the answer you;re looking for.

Just trying to help out.
Have a nice day!
:-)

Thanks!!

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 5:48:41 AM

Kevin, how come when i use nslookup to find the authoritative server
it say timeout 2 seconds but i can still logon to the website ? btw
how to let nslookup return a server name and ip when i do nslookup ? i
have my own dns server installed. Curretly it returns localhost and
127.0.0.1

Rgds
Daniel

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message news:<e4aF3wBaEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0407120553.3c008bb8@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > Ace, this is what i'm looking. Sorry for making some
> > confusion. I've
> > noticed that all answer were Non-authoritative, is it
> > because my dns
> > server cached it ?
>
> I'm glad Ace was able to get the right answer for you, this is why it is
> important that your questions are clear as to what you want.
> That said, the reson why you are getting non-authoritative answers is
> because the DNS you are querying does not have the answer, it is getting the
> answer elsewhere. Either from cached queries, or even directly from the
> authoritative DNS.
> If you want authoritative answer you have to make the query directly to an
> authoritative DNS server.
> Here is an example of each:
> Non-authoritative:
> W:\>nslookup
> Default Server: kjweb.lsaol.com
> Address: 192.168.0.2
>
> > microsoft.com
> Server: kjweb.lsaol.com
> Address: 192.168.0.2
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name: microsoft.com
> Addresses: 207.46.130.108, 207.46.250.119
>
> Authoritative:
> W:\>nslookup
> Default Server: kjweb.lsaol.com
> Address: 192.168.0.2
>
> > server ns1.msft.net
> Default Server: ns1.msft.net
> Address: 207.46.245.230
>
> > microsoft.com
> Server: ns1.msft.net
> Address: 207.46.245.230
>
> Name: microsoft.com
> Addresses: 207.46.250.119, 207.46.130.108
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue. To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
> email. ==========================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:
August 7, 2004 7:30:28 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0408070048.14413b2b@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> made a post then I commented below
> Kevin, how come when i use nslookup to find the authoritative server
> it say timeout 2 seconds but i can still logon to the website ? btw
> how to let nslookup return a server name and ip when i do nslookup ? i
> have my own dns server installed. Curretly it returns localhost and
> 127.0.0.1
>
> Rgds
> Daniel

IT is not an error but a message saying you do not have a reverse zone or
there is no PTR entry for the IP address of your DNS server.

This message HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WEBSITE. It is an nslookup message,
nothing else.

To fix it, change the 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP address of your server.
Make sure you have a reverse zone created for subnet of the actual IP
address of your DNS server. Make sure you have a PTR entry for your DNS
server in this reverse zone.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 9:36:55 AM

Ace , do you mean that i need to add PTR entry to resolve timeout or
get can server name and ip ? Currently my NIC dns is the dns server
ip. no 127.0.0.1

Rgds
Daniel

"Ace Fekay [MVP]" <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ev12AULfEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0408070048.14413b2b@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> made a post then I commented below
> > Kevin, how come when i use nslookup to find the authoritative server
> > it say timeout 2 seconds but i can still logon to the website ? btw
> > how to let nslookup return a server name and ip when i do nslookup ? i
> > have my own dns server installed. Curretly it returns localhost and
> > 127.0.0.1
> >
> > Rgds
> > Daniel
>
> IT is not an error but a message saying you do not have a reverse zone or
> there is no PTR entry for the IP address of your DNS server.
>
> This message HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WEBSITE. It is an nslookup message,
> nothing else.
>
> To fix it, change the 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP address of your server.
> Make sure you have a reverse zone created for subnet of the actual IP
> address of your DNS server. Make sure you have a PTR entry for your DNS
> server in this reverse zone.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ace

> so all can benefit.

> and confers no rights.

> Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
>
> Security Is Like An Onion, It Has Layers
> HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken;
> A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 11:58:11 AM

In news:6a6a9040.0408080436.7881a2b9@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> wrote:
> Ace , do you mean that i need to add PTR entry to resolve
> timeout or
> get can server name and ip ? Currently my NIC dns is the
> dns server
> ip. no 127.0.0.1

Remove 127.0.0.1 from the NIC and put in the IP address of the internal NIC
that DNS is listening on.
If nslookup still reports "Can't find server name for <ipaddress>" then you
need to take a look at your reverse lookup zone. If you need to post back
about the nslookup message, post the entire unedited message so we can give
you instructions on what you need.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
with OEBackup:
August 8, 2004 9:54:37 PM

In news:o V$sGeUfEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP] <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> made a post then I
commented below
> In news:6a6a9040.0408080436.7881a2b9@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> wrote:
>> Ace , do you mean that i need to add PTR entry to resolve
>> timeout or
>> get can server name and ip ? Currently my NIC dns is the
>> dns server
>> ip. no 127.0.0.1
>
> Remove 127.0.0.1 from the NIC and put in the IP address of the
> internal NIC that DNS is listening on.
> If nslookup still reports "Can't find server name for <ipaddress>"
> then you need to take a look at your reverse lookup zone. If you need
> to post back about the nslookup message, post the entire unedited
> message so we can give you instructions on what you need.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps

Kevin, I've mentioned this a couple times to Daniel, once in this thread and
a couple times in the past in other threads. I hope your explanation comes
across to Daniel better than mine did.

Ace
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 2:52:03 AM

In news:6a6a9040.0408080436.7881a2b9@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> made a post then I commented below
> Ace , do you mean that i need to add PTR entry to resolve timeout or
> get can server name and ip ? Currently my NIC dns is the dns server
> ip. no 127.0.0.1
>
> Rgds
> Daniel

Read Kevin's post please.

Dan, your message below said:

>>> how to let nslookup return a server name and ip when i do nslookup
>>> ? i have my own dns server installed. Curretly it returns localhost
>>> and 127.0.0.1

Which means that it's higly obvious that 127.0.0.1 is in there. Can you
provide an ipconfig /all?

PTR will resolve the name for your IP.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 1:51:36 PM

Kevin,yes 127.0.0.1 is in my 2nd NIC. I removed it. What is host ip
number in PTR record ?

Rgds
Daniel

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message news:<OV$sGeUfEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> In news:6a6a9040.0408080436.7881a2b9@posting.google.com,
> Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> wrote:
> > Ace , do you mean that i need to add PTR entry to resolve
> > timeout or
> > get can server name and ip ? Currently my NIC dns is the
> > dns server
> > ip. no 127.0.0.1
>
> Remove 127.0.0.1 from the NIC and put in the IP address of the internal NIC
> that DNS is listening on.
> If nslookup still reports "Can't find server name for <ipaddress>" then you
> need to take a look at your reverse lookup zone. If you need to post back
> about the nslookup message, post the entire unedited message so we can give
> you instructions on what you need.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> with OEBackup:
August 10, 2004 4:12:03 PM

In news:6a6a9040.0408100851.44725f8b@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> Kevin,yes 127.0.0.1 is in my 2nd NIC. I removed it. What
> is host ip
> number in PTR record ?

Your asking me to tell you what the IP of your private NIC is?
I'm not clairvoyant.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
with OEBackup:
August 11, 2004 4:18:37 AM

In news:6a6a9040.0408100851.44725f8b@posting.google.com,
Daniel Tan <danieltan@time.net.my> made a post then I commented below

> What is host ip number in PTR record ?

You should know what your own machine's IP addresses are.
!