Firemoth question

Hi. I have been reading this group for quite some time. I played Morrowind
all the way through during the summer, stopped playing it for a while, and
then re-started new. But this time, I'm just having fun with the game --
doing house quests and extra quests, and not paying much attention to the
main quest. My character is a lev 22 dunmer Battle Mage, whom I call the
Nude Avenger. I downloaded and installed the Better Bodies mod, so he runs
around completely nude, except for a helmet (that way, people don't freak
out when they see you, as they do when someone's nude). Anyhoo, he's the
archimagister of Telvanni and the archmage of Mage's Guild.

I have a question -- I did Firemoth some time ago, and wanted to do it
again. Should I unload it, save the game, and then re-load it? Will it
reset itself? Or, do I have to start a new character?

Soon, when I stop being lazy, I'm going to create "The Adventures of the
Nude Avenger" on my website. Which is basically hilarious screenshots I've
managed to capture.

> I have a question -- I did Firemoth some time ago, and wanted to do it
> again. Should I unload it, save the game, and then re-load it? Will it
> reset itself? Or, do I have to start a new character?

I've heard that removing quest mods from a save game is generally a bad
idea. He'll end up with a bunch of journal entries that don't relate to
anything, which could be a problem. Also, if you reinstalled Firemoth after
that, those entries would still be there, so you probably couldn't do the
quest again as such. (There's probably a way, that involves the use of the
Console to remove the relevant journal entries, but somebody else will have
to figure that out for you.) Also the shield that you get for doing the
quest could pose a problem, as it still exists in the world, and if you
remove the mod, it will cause a problem. I suppose you can get rid of the
shield via Console as well, or you can leave it on a corpse and wait 3 days
or something. Anyhow, you can always return to Firemoth island and have fun
fighting skeletons, as I'm pretty sure they respawn. I did the entire quest
without talking to the guy that gives it to you, and it worked fine. (When
I did it the way you're *supposed* to, the combination of the 3 guys
following you around plus dozens of skeletons pretty reliably resulted in a
crash to desktop, but doing it by myself didn't have that problem. Plus, at
level 50-something, the other guys would just get in the way more than be of
any help...)

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message

> I've heard that removing quest mods from a save game is generally a bad
> idea. He'll end up with a bunch of journal entries that don't relate to
> anything, which could be a problem. Also, if you reinstalled Firemoth
after
> that, those entries would still be there, so you probably couldn't do the
> quest again as such.

Thank you very much for the answer, and thank you very much for pointing
that out. I didn't even think about it. :-O

> (There's probably a way, that involves the use of the
> Console to remove the relevant journal entries, but somebody else will
have
> to figure that out for you.)

I spent a while trying to figure that out before I posed the question in
this newsgroup. But, I was drawing a blank.

Also the shield that you get for doing the
> quest could pose a problem, as it still exists in the world, and if you
> remove the mod, it will cause a problem. I suppose you can get rid of the
> shield via Console as well, or you can leave it on a corpse and wait 3
days
> or something.

> Anyhow, you can always return to Firemoth island and have fun
> fighting skeletons, as I'm pretty sure they respawn. I did the entire
quest
> without talking to the guy that gives it to you, and it worked fine.
(When
> I did it the way you're *supposed* to, the combination of the 3 guys
> following you around plus dozens of skeletons pretty reliably resulted in
> crash to desktop, but doing it by myself didn't have that problem. Plus,
at
> level 50-something, the other guys would just get in the way more than be
of
> any help...)

I did the same thing -- I did the quest, and then later I ran into the guy.
I then got followed around by those 3 people for a while, I had the
crashing problem, too. So, 1 of them had an unfortunate incident --
drowning in an underwater cave (near Firemoth), and the other two met my
legion of storm atronarchs in my Telvanni stronghold. :) It was....
ummm.... tragic. :p

MERLIN

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> skrev i en
meddelelse news:uLadnfnf4JS-3W3cRVn-ug@giganews.com...
>> I have a question -- I did Firemoth some time ago,
and wanted to do it
>> again. Should I unload it, save the game, and
then re-load it? Will it
>> reset itself? Or, do I have to start a new
character?

> I've heard that removing quest mods from a save
game is generally a bad
> idea. He'll end up with a bunch of journal entries
that don't relate to
> anything, which could be a problem. Also, if you
reinstalled Firemoth after
> that, those entries would still be there, so you
probably couldn't do the
> quest again as such. (There's probably a way, that
involves the use of the
> Console to remove the relevant journal entries, but
somebody else will have
> to figure that out for you.) Also the shield that
you get for doing the
> quest could pose a problem, as it still exists in
the world, and if you
> remove the mod, it will cause a problem. I suppose
you can get rid of the
> shield via Console as well, or you can leave it on
a corpse and wait 3 days
> or something. Anyhow, you can always return to
Firemoth island and have fun
> fighting skeletons, as I'm pretty sure they
respawn. I did the entire quest
> without talking to the guy that gives it to you,
and it worked fine. (When
> I did it the way you're *supposed* to, the
combination of the 3 guys
> following you around plus dozens of skeletons
pretty reliably resulted in a
> crash to desktop, but doing it by myself didn't
have that problem. Plus, at
> level 50-something, the other guys would just get
in the way more than be of
> any help...)

when you remove a mod that is connected with
savegames, you must save the game
after the removal, and reload the game without the
mod. Most of the mod-related
objects will then be removed from your inventory (and
the game) as you have disabled
the references to the them. If you want to see, if
the game has reset you, check if the
island is gone. The shield has disappeared every
time fo me

meerlin