Netgear WGT624 V2 Router

I finally bought myself a Netgear WGT624 V2 Router.
And I have to say I am somewhat disappointed. Whilst everything works. I
cant say it works for any length of time.
If I have the wireless feature enabled. The Router seems to loose the plot,
and drops out every two hours or so.
Getting it back online means a powerdown and restart.
This has somewhat of annoyance factor.

Again whilst the wireless feature is enabled if there is a lot of network
activity i.e.. file movement , online gaming etc. the router is inclined to
reboot itself for no reason. Uptime can be measure in minutes opposed to
hours or days. I have had the wireless feature turned off in the last week
and have managed 6 days of uptime till today.

Seems to me that something is wrong with the chipset , and it could be all
to do with heat.
Anyone else experiencing these problems ?

The whole reason I got the Super G router was for the wireless feature it
offered.

I have just done an auto firmware upgrade via the Embedded web interface to
version 4.1.11.
Having just visited the Netgear website, where it instructs that this
version is for North America. Do I need to reverse my actions and go back to
Ver 4.1.8 ? Can this be done ?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Regards

SnaZZZ
3 answers Last reply
More about netgear wgt624 router

    Hi,

    I too am suffering from the problem of it locking every few hours and
    needing a restart.

    Did you ever find any solution to this problem?

    Thanks

    "SnaZZZ" <snazytecSPAMTRAP@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<A7RGc.82632$sj4.78253@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
    > I finally bought myself a Netgear WGT624 V2 Router.
    > And I have to say I am somewhat disappointed. Whilst everything works. I
    > cant say it works for any length of time.
    > If I have the wireless feature enabled. The Router seems to loose the plot,
    > and drops out every two hours or so.
    > Getting it back online means a powerdown and restart.
    > This has somewhat of annoyance factor.
    >
    > Again whilst the wireless feature is enabled if there is a lot of network
    > activity i.e.. file movement , online gaming etc. the router is inclined to
    > reboot itself for no reason. Uptime can be measure in minutes opposed to
    > hours or days. I have had the wireless feature turned off in the last week
    > and have managed 6 days of uptime till today.
    >
    > Seems to me that something is wrong with the chipset , and it could be all
    > to do with heat.
    > Anyone else experiencing these problems ?
    >
    > The whole reason I got the Super G router was for the wireless feature it
    > offered.
    >
    > I have just done an auto firmware upgrade via the Embedded web interface to
    > version 4.1.11.
    > Having just visited the Netgear website, where it instructs that this
    > version is for North America. Do I need to reverse my actions and go back to
    > Ver 4.1.8 ? Can this be done ?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated guys.
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > SnaZZZ

    No, nobody responded to my note.
    So I assumed everybody had stayed well clear of this dodgy product and I
    was the only git that went out and bought one.

    On a serious note I did speak to another person that is testing the same
    model router for a review and he tells me all is well with it thus far.

    I hope Netgear come up with a solution soon. Or else I will be throwing it
    back at the store I bought it from, even though I know it is not their
    fault.

    SnaZZZ

    "Alan Prideaux" <alan@mindguerrillas.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I too am suffering from the problem of it locking every few hours and
    > needing a restart.
    >
    > Did you ever find any solution to this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "SnaZZZ" <snazytecSPAMTRAP@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I finally bought myself a Netgear WGT624 V2 Router.
    > > And I have to say I am somewhat disappointed. Whilst everything works. I
    > > cant say it works for any length of time.
    > > If I have the wireless feature enabled. The Router seems to loose the
    plot,
    > > and drops out every two hours or so.
    > > Getting it back online means a powerdown and restart.
    > > This has somewhat of annoyance factor.
    > >
    > > Again whilst the wireless feature is enabled if there is a lot of
    network
    > > activity i.e.. file movement , online gaming etc. the router is
    inclined to
    > > reboot itself for no reason. Uptime can be measure in minutes opposed to
    > > hours or days. I have had the wireless feature turned off in the last
    week
    > > and have managed 6 days of uptime till today.
    > >
    > > Seems to me that something is wrong with the chipset , and it could be
    all
    > > to do with heat.
    > > Anyone else experiencing these problems ?
    > >
    > > The whole reason I got the Super G router was for the wireless feature
    it
    > > offered.
    > >
    > > I have just done an auto firmware upgrade via the Embedded web interface
    > > version 4.1.11.
    > > Having just visited the Netgear website, where it instructs that this
    > > version is for North America. Do I need to reverse my actions and go
    back to
    > > Ver 4.1.8 ? Can this be done ?
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated guys.
    > >

    > > Regards
    > >
    > > SnaZZZ

    Excessive heat is at least one major problem of this router family. Try
    to find a cooler place within your office.

    Nevertheless I had the same problem as described here: router loks up
    after several hours of operation. After at LOTS of testing, I found a
    workaround for my router: don´t try to configure the router via a
    wlan-connection. Use a LAN-connection instead. My router seems to have
    a problem if I configure him via a WLAN connection!!!

    I did it in this way:

    1. conenct a computer to one of the 4 switch ports.
    2. with help of a webbrowser reset the router to the factory settings
    3. finish your desired router configuration

    see what happens.....

    My WGT624 works since 4 weeks!! without any reboots, locks or so.

    --
    fsommer

Wireless Routers Netgear Networking