Sign in with
Your question

Who makes the absolute fastest ext. 2TB RAID storage device?

Last response: in Storage
August 13, 2006 6:49:01 AM

I am putting together a heavy duty database server that will serve to a group of ~20 web servers, each supporting hundreds of thousands of users a day and tons of SQL transactions. Fedora environment.

I'm looking to identify the manufacturer(s) of the absolute fastest and most durable external RAID storage devices available in the marketplace. Our co. has a great budget for this so the primary concern is on finding the absolute best performance specs money can buy.

Because I haven't done this sort of thing in a number of years, I'm not up to date on the latest and greatest in the market and I'm hoping to save some research time through any input I can get here on the board. Thanks in advance for any replies!
August 13, 2006 6:38:24 PM

We're looking for a commercial quality, heavy duty RAID unit that we connect into a DB server via fiber. More interested than anything to know who is making the highest end RAID units available in the market as of late.
August 14, 2006 1:46:02 PM

Quote:
We're looking for a commercial quality, heavy duty RAID unit that we connect into a DB server via fiber. More interested than anything to know who is making the highest end RAID units available in the market as of late.

High end, or at least well known is EMC. They make the the dual-controller EMC CLARiiON AX150. It runs over fiber of Gig in an iSCSI configuration. It works with all OS's with iSCSI initiators from MS and Linux, also supports VMware ESX 3.0.
!