Motherboard Problem

Percy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
I am running a P4 3.06 which has developed the following problem, usb devices gradually began to stop working, keyboard, mouse and eventually monitor. Replacing these items had no effect and eventually nothing would work at all. The next day all was ok but the above happened again and a burning smell from the case occured. I changed the motherboard and all appeared ok, windows worked fine, everything else as well. The problem then re-occured and I'm left with no computer. Could I have a faulty PSU that is burning out my motherboard?

I am running a P4 3.06 which has developed the following problem, usb devices gradually began to stop working, keyboard, mouse and eventually monitor. Replacing these items had no effect and eventually nothing would work at all. The next day all was ok but the above happened again and a burning smell from the case occured. I changed the motherboard and all appeared ok, windows worked fine, everything else as well. The problem then re-occured and I'm left with no computer. Could I have a faulty PSU that is burning out my motherboard?

Sound like you need to replace your failing CPU.