Sign in with
Your question

XBOX 360 (PC) WIRELESS CONTROLLER SLOWING DOWN MY INTERNET?

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 6:03:19 AM

i just bought the controller 2 days ago, it works perfectly fine, the only issue is when ever i connect the controller adapter my internet speed slows down extremely to the point it takes up to 3 minutes just to load any website. and as soon as i disconnect the adapter the speed goes back to normal.

i goggled allot and couldn't find any solution to this.
im using Win7 home premium.
i got downloaded the latest drivers for it.
this the joy-pad i bought http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/pr...

i hope anyone can help me :S
May 18, 2011 6:10:45 AM

Is the internet wireless or lan? My thought would be that the two might broadcast on the same wavelength and therefore over-saturate it.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 6:27:34 AM

yeah its wireless and set on channel N, now i cant change it or try to configure it to another channel because im temporarily living in a hotel and using their wifi.

the question would be if its possible to change the controller adapter signal channel instead, if that is the problem.

PS: im on a laptop
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 8:17:23 AM

change the channel on your wireless router should fix your issue. sounds like your xbox controller is interfering with your wireless signal from your router.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 10:57:12 AM

fowang said:
change the channel on your wireless router should fix your issue. sounds like your xbox controller is interfering with your wireless signal from your router.

like i said in the above post, i can t change the wireles router channel since its not mine.
would it be possible instead to somehow change the xbox controller channel?
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 11:26:48 AM

nope, best to change it on the router.
!