Event ID: 5774
Date: 19/07/2004
Time: 12:25:36
User: N/A
Computer: MAINSERVER
Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-
Site-Name._sites.gc._msdcs.standrews.ie. 600 IN SRV 0 100
3268 mainserver.standrews.ie.' failed with the following
error:
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.
Data:
0000: 51 27 00 00 Q'..

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards

Aaron

In news:2eb4e01c46d8a$29d8e050$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Aaron Browne <aaronsolutions@eircom.net> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi All,
>
> I have this event logged on my windows 2000 advanced
> server. I have AD installed and the server is the PDC it
> also has ISA 2000 installed to provide internet access to
> users in the doamin. One domain on the site. Here is the
> event hope sp,ebody can shed some light on this;
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: NETLOGON
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 5774
> Date: 19/07/2004
> Time: 12:25:36
> User: N/A
> Computer: MAINSERVER
> Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-
> Site-Name._sites.gc._msdcs.standrews.ie. 600 IN SRV 0 100
> 3268 mainserver.standrews.ie.' failed with the following
> error:
> A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.

5774 events are generally caused from the4 use of your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties, do not use your ISP's or other external DNS servers that don't
hold the AD DNS zone in any position on any domain member.
That being said IIRC there is a special configuration for using ISA on a DC
with DNS and there was a KB on it, but I've looked and searched and searched
and looked, I can't find the KB I'm looking for.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]