when I reply to a message in my e-mail the window is small... how can I set
it to go full size automatically?

Press the Maximize button. Or, if its the resolution. Right click an empty
spot on your desktop > click "Properties" > Settings (tab), under "Screen
Resolution", move the arrow to a desired resolution. Press OK.

See links:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/screenresolution.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/screenresolution.mspx

Andre