Outbound Email Messages not processing w/SBS 2k3

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

For one or other reasons outgoing messages are not reaching their
destinations.

Looking at Exchange Manager -> Server -> Queues I see many messages listed
with :

SBS SMTP connector - The remote server didnot respons to a connection
request.

I know these emails are valid -- use DNS to resolve addresses.

Ran email and internet wizard, and that didn't help either!

Any ideas what to check???

Thanks

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin (More info?)

Find out if your isp is blocking port 25. if so you will have to orward the emailss to your isp's smartmail server.

"Walt Smith" wrote:

> For one or other reasons outgoing messages are not reaching their
> destinations.
>
> Looking at Exchange Manager -> Server -> Queues I see many messages listed
> with :
>
> SBS SMTP connector - The remote server didnot respons to a connection
> request.
>
> I know these emails are valid -- use DNS to resolve addresses.
>
> Ran email and internet wizard, and that didn't help either!
>
> Any ideas what to check???
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Hi Walt

Are you hosting your own mail or using POP3 from an ISP? Are you using DNS
or Smarthost outbound? If you are not hosting your own mail do you have a
FQDN? If so go to http://www.dnsstuff.com/ and do a reverse DNS lookup and
be sure it is pointing back to your FQDN and not your ISP. If no mail is
going out on DNS be sure your ISP is not blocking Port 25 by going to
command prompt and typing telnet mail.bellsouth.net 25 (unless you are using
Bellsouth and then use another mailserver) and see if you get a connect.

Frank McCallister
COMPUMAC
"Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> For one or other reasons outgoing messages are not reaching their
> destinations.
>
> Looking at Exchange Manager -> Server -> Queues I see many messages listed
> with :
>
> SBS SMTP connector - The remote server didnot respons to a connection
> request.
>
> I know these emails are valid -- use DNS to resolve addresses.
>
> Ran email and internet wizard, and that didn't help either!
>
> Any ideas what to check???
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Have you checked to see if you are on a DNS blocklist?

"Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> For one or other reasons outgoing messages are not reaching their
> destinations.
>
> Looking at Exchange Manager -> Server -> Queues I see many messages listed
> with :
>
> SBS SMTP connector - The remote server didnot respons to a connection
> request.
>
> I know these emails are valid -- use DNS to resolve addresses.
>
> Ran email and internet wizard, and that didn't help either!
>
> Any ideas what to check???
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Since this is an SBS server, have you set any restriction in the ISA server
Outbound connections made on Port 25. You can also check this by sending a
test mail using Outlook Express directly to your ISP's mailserver, if this
fails then there could be some restriction set.

Regards,
--
Bhavya Joshi
PSS

"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"

"Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> For one or other reasons outgoing messages are not reaching their
> destinations.
>
> Looking at Exchange Manager -> Server -> Queues I see many messages listed
> with :
>
> SBS SMTP connector - The remote server didnot respons to a connection
> request.
>
> I know these emails are valid -- use DNS to resolve addresses.
>
> Ran email and internet wizard, and that didn't help either!
>
> Any ideas what to check???
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Which DNS server your mail server is using for MX lookup? If it is using
your Internal DNS server for MX lookup make sure that - your Internal DNS
server is configured to forward queries to public (InterNIC registered) DNS
server. Make sure that your Internal DNS server is working properly by doing
nslookup for MX (on some domain, say yahoo.com).

Eddi