remote & exchange URL's don't work!! (DNS error maybe?)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Hello,

Just installed a fresh copy of SBS 2K3, and I can't make remote WEB based
REMOTE and EXHANGE working properly.

Like to use : www.domain.org/remote and www.domain.org/exchange

Congiuration: domain.local, and domain.com

Have an A record to contact web server called domain.org (domain.com is
served by an external web server).

I can display the SBS website using www.domain.org, but when I specifiy
www.domain.org/remote or www.domain.org/exchange it will come up with a DNS
error. Web cretificate was set at domain.org.

What is the problem??

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Hi,,

Problem solved partially!!

Had to add port forwarding 443,444, and 4125

Still getting a Sec. Alert:
- cannot be viewed
- problem with site's securty certificate
- name of sec cert is invalid or doesn't't mathc tyhe name of the site.

How do I fix the security certificate?????????

"Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Just installed a fresh copy of SBS 2K3, and I can't make remote WEB based
> REMOTE and EXHANGE working properly.
>
> Like to use : www.domain.org/remote and www.domain.org/exchange
>
> Congiuration: domain.local, and domain.com
>
> Have an A record to contact web server called domain.org (domain.com is
> served by an external web server).
>
> I can display the SBS website using www.domain.org, but when I specifiy
> www.domain.org/remote or www.domain.org/exchange it will come up with a
DNS
> error. Web cretificate was set at domain.org.
>
> What is the problem??
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

You'll need to explicitly trust the certificate, as it's not signed.
(Alternatively, you can purchase a signed certificate from a 3rd party
provider. Did you know that GeoTrust has an SBS-specific certificate
package?

The next time you browse to the server and you get the certificate warning,
click on "View Certificate" then "Install Certificate". Click Next through
the wizard to import the certificate, accepting the defaults, and then OK at
the end.

Click Yes back at the original security prompt, and you should not be
prompted again.

> Hi,,
>
> Problem solved partially!!
>
> Had to add port forwarding 443,444, and 4125
>
> Still getting a Sec. Alert:
> - cannot be viewed
> - problem with site's securty certificate
> - name of sec cert is invalid or doesn't't mathc tyhe name of the
site.

> How do I fix the security certificate?????????
>
> "Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just installed a fresh copy of SBS 2K3, and I can't make remote WEB
based
> > REMOTE and EXHANGE working properly.
> >
> > Like to use : www.domain.org/remote and www.domain.org/exchange
> >
> > Congiuration: domain.local, and domain.com
> >
> > Have an A record to contact web server called domain.org (domain.com is
> > served by an external web server).
> >
> > I can display the SBS website using www.domain.org, but when I specifiy
> > www.domain.org/remote or www.domain.org/exchange it will come up with a
> DNS
> > error. Web cretificate was set at domain.org.
> >
> > What is the problem??
> >
> > Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

> How do I fix the security certificate?????????

Re-run CEICW from "To Do List"

Malcolm