internal and external address

ann

hi
i called my internal domain the same name as my external
web site, and now have 2 problems. can't find own web
site as it thinks it should be internal, have got around
this by entering ip into browser instead of address.

2 can't send external mail to users who are not on domain,
it thinks they should be internal. am using exchange 2000
and pop internet mail.

I am forwarding my dns to an external public one and have
no proxy server.
would love some help - thanks
ann

ann wrote:
> hi
> i called my internal domain the same name as my external
> web site, and now have 2 problems. can't find own web
> site as it thinks it should be internal, have got around
> this by entering ip into browser instead of address.

In your DNS server, forward lookup zone, create a host called www and assign
it the public IP address of your website.

> 2 can't send external mail to users who are not on domain,
> it thinks they should be internal. am using exchange 2000
> and pop internet mail.

Are you sharing the domain's name space (as in, is your server the only
server handling mail for your Internet domain)? Why using Exchange and POP?
This is not recommended - much better to host your own mail as per