NetMeeting Firewall

NetMeeting works on my two computers connected to my LAN without any
problems. When I try to make connections with a computer outside my LAN I
get the Error Message “Cannot Make the Connection.�

The Belkin support technician recommends I change the NAT setting and use a
DMZ setting to bypass the router firewall. Will I also have to turn off my
Microsoft Firewall to get NetMeeting to make a connection? Microsoft’s KB
#158623 only mentions not blocking certain ports when using NetMeeting. This
who thing is a very unclear and confusing.

What exactly will it take to make NetMeeting work with Windows XP SP2 and
my Belkin Router F505230-4 and still have either a software or hardware
firewall working when using NetMeeting? I want to connect with some
security in place.

Smith
2 answers Last reply
More about netmeeting firewall

    There is a netmeeting newsgroup - ask there.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > There is a netmeeting newsgroup - ask there.
    >
    > "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > NetMeeting works on my two computers connected to my LAN without any
    > > problems. When I try to make connections with a computer outside my LAN I
    > > get the Error Message "Cannot Make the Connection."
    > >
    > > The Belkin support technician recommends I change the NAT setting and use
    > > DMZ setting to bypass the router firewall. Will I also have to turn off my
    > > Microsoft Firewall to get NetMeeting to make a connection? Microsoft's KB
    > > #158623 only mentions not blocking certain ports when using NetMeeting.
    > > This
    > > who thing is a very unclear and confusing.
    > >
    > > What exactly will it take to make NetMeeting work with Windows XP SP2 and
    > > my Belkin Router F505230-4 and still have either a software or hardware
    > > firewall working when using NetMeeting? I want to connect with some
    > > security in place.
    > >

    > > Smith

    I have no answer for you, but I have had Netmeeting available to an outside
    location from either of my compters through a LinkSys router/firewall and
    Windows XP Firewall with no problems for the past 4 years. I do not turn off
    any of the security settings.

Firewalls Connection Microsoft Windows XP