Laserjet III

I still use a Laserjet III which has been reliable and has done a good job.
However, lately I have had a problem seating the paper tray. I have to
jiggle it to get a connection. Someone suggested the problem was in one of
the circuit boards. Any suggestions on which board and how to replace it?
2 answers Last reply
More about laserjet

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:59:50 -0500, Robert Reznikoff wrote:

    > I still use a Laserjet III which has been reliable and has done a good job.
    > However, lately I have had a problem seating the paper tray. I have to
    > jiggle it to get a connection. Someone suggested the problem was in one of
    > the circuit boards. Any suggestions on which board and how to replace it?

    What error do you get? No paper? Or wrong paper?

    No paper means the opto-mechanical paper sensor above the paper tray.

    Wrong paper size means the tray paper size detect switches or the tray
    itself

    --
    Dave
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

    The board that contains the tray presence switches is the DC
    Controller board. The smaller of the 2 boards on the bottom side of
    the printer. I may have one or two, if I haven't already thrown them
    out.

    Raymond

Printers Laserjet Peripherals