Currently I'm using Cooler Master Centurion 5, which I've been pretty disappointed in.

I'm looking for a good sturdy case, no tool-less cases, I want good old fashioned screws. I also don't care for anything with doors that cover/hide optical drives.

I've been looking at older steel cases actually, but mainly need a case with good cooling, as I'm running SLI, several PCI cards, several hard drives, several optical drives, dual core A64, and a large power supply.

So who's making a good sturdy case these days?

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have a Lian Li V COOL PC-V1000APLUS Silver it is a really nice case. This case is engineered to perfection. The only bad thing about most of the Lian Li caese is that they have the mobo inverted. this will cause a mobo with heatpipes to run really hot, so you need a mobo without a heatpipe.

But if you don,t mind getting a case that holds the mobo inverted, then this is the case your looking for.

mr_hayt

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Lian-Li makes the best cases ever, i have had mine(not sure of the model number) for 5 years, no problems. I cant say the same thing for the things i put in the case, but the case its self is excelent. Also, lian-li doesnt come with a powersupply, buy a seasonic powersupply, best power out there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112116

Actually thats a pretty decent looking case Pengwin, thats going to be added to my list of possibles.

Went to take my motherboard out of the CoolerMaster case and one of the quick release clips broke, finally had with that case and took a BFH to the case (just to make me feel better), then pitched it in the garbage, so I'll have to do something soon now.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, keep'em coming. Looks like the trend is LianLi, so thats probably what I'll look for.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112116

Actually thats a pretty decent looking case Pengwin, thats going to be added to my list of possibles.

Went to take my motherboard out of the CoolerMaster case and one of the quick release clips broke, finally had with that case and took a BFH to the case (just to make me feel better), then pitched it in the garbage, so I'll have to do something soon now.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, keep'em coming. Looks like the trend is LianLi, so thats probably what I'll look for.

i'd get the lian li, u'd love the removeable mobo tray.

but, i do have the NZXT Lexa, unique, looks pretty danm cool, i chucked the tooless expantion slot holder tho, it was pretty useless.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811146018

Well went through every PC store in town today (I'm anxious to have my desktop back), and found a case I liked in one of the stores junk pile of all places (Hey at least it was cheap).

I didn't want anything plain, so I decided to paint it.

My favorite color is red, so it got painted a dark red. Then I got the bright ideal to use clear with mettalic mixed in, apprantly the stuff I bought, isn't just one color of mettallic.

pccase1.jpg

pccase2.jpg

Not quite what I expected, and its hard to get the photos to come out right with the color, but most of the time its more of dark mettalic red in the bottom of this picture.

pccase3.jpg

It looks kind of neat, but I'm not sure whether I like it or not yet, but I am glad to be rid of that stupid coolermaster case.

The wiring is still a bit of a mess though:

pccase4.jpg

But no tool-less rails, and it works, so at the moment I'm happy, don't have any idea what brand it is, as it was un-labeled.

Anyways, thanks for everyones feedback.