DNSBL on Win 2000 DNS ???

Anyone know how to setup a DNSBL on Win 2000 DNS ? Have searched the web but
cannot find anything relating to Win 2000 DNS.

Any help anyone ?

Thanks
Mitch

In news:ukqhOFRcEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Mitchell Krog <mitchell@allover.co.za> asked for help and I offered my
suggestions below:
> Anyone know how to setup a DNSBL on Win 2000 DNS ? Have searched the
> web but cannot find anything relating to Win 2000 DNS.
>
> Any help anyone ?
>
> Thanks
> Mitch

Are talking about Exchange 2000 or 2003? Or just the Windows SMTP service?

If Exchange, RBL integration is actually a new feature in Exchange 2003. If
you want to setup an RBL to stop Blacklisted IPs, you'll need to subscribe
to a 3rd party. Take a look at these articles.

Microsoft Exchange Message Boards Free Anti-Spam and Anti-virus Solution and
RBL Feature:
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000124

Do-It-Yourself Test RBLs for Exchange 2003 [pay subscription]:
http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/42315/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook_42315.html

Free RBLs and Fee based - Using Real-Time Blackhole Lists (RBL) to Filter
Email From Your Exchange Server:
http://www.nemx.com/solutions/rbl_popup.asp

Free RBL - SpamCop.net - Blocking List ( bl.spamcop.net ):
http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

GFI MailSecurity has a free one too, but worth paying for the actual one:
http://www.gfi.com/mailsecurity/index.html

This one is only $99/server, no matter how many users, and is well touted by
many and it works.
Vamsoft Open Relay Filter:
http://www.vamsoft.com/

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

Do you mean you would like to operate your own DNSBL on a w2k DNS
service?

There is a command line utility you can use to add/remove entries from
DNS, it is called dnscmd
http://www.petri.co.il/dnscmd_command_in_windows_2000_2003.htm

--
Gyula Karakas
orf support

"Karakas, Gyula" <gyula.karakasAT vamsoft.com> wrote in message news:<xn0dlb3fehsnqqo000@gateway.vamszoft.root>...
> Do you mean you would like to operate your own DNSBL on a w2k DNS
> service?
>
> There is a command line utility you can use to add/remove entries from
> DNS, it is called dnscmd
> http://www.petri.co.il/dnscmd_command_in_windows_2000_2003.htm

I am also interested in operating my own RBL on a win2003 server but
am having a hard time finding any information on the general setup of
an RBL on a windows DNS server. Does anyone know where I can find an
article on the setup of an RBL for windows?

In news:988ced33.0408011105.4c79fcc9@posting.google.com,
dbryden68 <david@spamsoap.com> asked for help and I offered my suggestions
below:
> I am also interested in operating my own RBL on a win2003 server but
> am having a hard time finding any information on the general setup of
> an RBL on a windows DNS server. Does anyone know where I can find an
> article on the setup of an RBL for windows?

You need a 3rd party software to accomplish it. Those links I provided
explains some of it. You can also check out www.vamsoft.com's which offers
RBL functionality. Its relatively inexpensive and from what I've heard,
works great.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

In news:988ced33.0408011105.4c79fcc9@posting.google.com,
dbryden68 <david@spamsoap.com> asked for help and I offered my suggestions
below:
> I am also interested in operating my own RBL on a win2003 server but
> am having a hard time finding any information on the general setup of
> an RBL on a windows DNS server. Does anyone know where I can find an
> article on the setup of an RBL for windows?

Actually meant to say "its easier to use a 3rd party tool" instead of you
"need" a 3rd party tool.

Ace