Logitech MX Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. Locks up PC

jimmy7

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I kept locking up when I'm online. Then finally the keyboard and mouse would not come on when I booted and the computer would not go into Windows. Had to install the old wired Keyboard. I am using an outdated P3 with XP. Any help would be appreciated.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
There are a few things that you can check. Since the RF receiver uses an active port (usb) did your computer have any issues detecting the mouse and keyboard? Were there any problems installing the SetPoint software?

In your bios what are your settings for usb devices - legacy usb?

The MX Engine uses Fast Rf - that's 2.4 mhz. There are a number of electronic devices that also use that frequency - wireless speakers and cordless telephones come to mind. Having items like that in the vicinity of your keyboard/mouse can do a number of things - from preventing your mouse or keyboard from operating, preventing them from being discovered by the computer, mouse drag, key repitition, etc.

jimmy7

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Yes the computer is old and I'm going to replace it with an E6700 as soon as I can get a 590 mobo. The keyboard and mouse came with both type of connections, but would only work with the USB.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Oh hey, I had directed the question to jimmy7. I hope you didn't think I was being sarcastic to you. I was just inquiring if he had ever updated his bios.

jimmy7

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I've never updated my board and I'm going to wait till I can finish my new computer. I think the answer about the 2.4 cordless phone may be the answer. I'm going to disconect the phone and try hooking up the keyboard again. Thanks for all the help from all of you.

Jim