Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

advcomp2019

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I am looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse for a MediaCenter PC. Plus I want the mouse to rechargeable. I was looking at the Logitech MX3100, but I can not find it any more.

The main reason for the wireless keyboard and mouse because I have it connected to the TV and the PC is about 20 to 25 feet away. I might be able to get 10 feet closer.

I am replacing a Logitech® Cordless MX Duo that just died.

Does any one know where I can get the Logitech MX3100 or one like it?

advcomp2019

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I am open to other options. The options that listed before are ones that I wish to have. I do not know if they made the mice better or not for bettery life. That is the main reason for the rechargeable mouse.

I have read the reviews on the MX5000, and it sounds like the have problems with it. Unless it is how they are setup.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
You're going to want bluetooth for your wireless setup. Anything else and you'll be stuck with a sub 10ft range. Also, if you have things like wireless phones, wireless speakers, adsl broadband, etc. - depending on what rf you get, it could get interference from those and a few other elecronic devices that emit electromagnetic waves.

Bluetooth gives excellent ranges. As for the 5000, it's ok - has kind of a cheap feel to it though.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
I have the bluetooth logitech mouse and keyboard combo. It works pretty well but it's still a little tempermental. The best setup I've found is to have the bluetooth adapter in direct line of sight of the mouse/keyboard. Also just before my cell phone rings I get a lot of mouse lag.

Another thing you're going to want with this setup is a lapdesk . I found one at the local bed, bath and beyond, it cost me $8

The footprint on that keyboard is a lot bigger than it needs to be which makes is a bit of a pain to use, thankfully the keypad is seperate and you can use that for gaming. Another minor issue that confused me for a while is that if you don't use the keyboard for a minute or so the next keypress won't type but is needed to activate the keyboard (this may only be the case when using direct input).

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Since you are getting interference when your phone rings I would have to guess that you are using a cordless phone. If this is the case, what type is it (900, 1.4, 2.8, 5.4)?