Suran Underworld weirdness...

I just started playing this mod for the first time, but it seems like it's
not quite all there. Most of the people have been replaced with giant
yellow diamonds with an exclamation point in them, which I'm assuming is
what the game does if it's missing the model for the character? Does this
mod require some other mod(s) to run? I'm using Better Bodies and Better
Heads, which might affect the character models, but from what I understand,
almost everybody uses those mods, so I don't think that would be the
problem. More likely I've just downloaded the wrong version or something.
I'm not sure I should continue doing this mod if it's not complete. Can
somebody point me to where I can get this mod in complete form? (No
FilePlanet links, please. I've given up on ever successfully downloading
anything from them.)

In article <Wr2dnUxmDcIvCm_cRVn-hw@giganews.com>, i.dont@think.so
says...
> I just started playing this mod for the first time, but it seems like it's
> not quite all there. Most of the people have been replaced with giant
> yellow diamonds with an exclamation point in them, which I'm assuming is
> what the game does if it's missing the model for the character? Does this
> mod require some other mod(s) to run? I'm using Better Bodies and Better
> Heads, which might affect the character models, but from what I understand,
> almost everybody uses those mods, so I don't think that would be the
> problem. More likely I've just downloaded the wrong version or something.
> I'm not sure I should continue doing this mod if it's not complete. Can
> somebody point me to where I can get this mod in complete form? (No
> FilePlanet links, please. I've given up on ever successfully downloading
> anything from them.)

I believe that's what happens if you're missing a texture file. I had
that happen with the adamantium shield mod. I had missed installing one
of the texture files so when my PC bought the shield and equipped it
appeared she was encased in a huge yellow diamond. Try reinstalling the
mod.

--
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
-Mark Twain

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
> I just started playing this mod for the first time, but it seems like it's
> not quite all there. Most of the people have been replaced with giant
> yellow diamonds with an exclamation point in them, which I'm assuming is
> what the game does if it's missing the model for the character? Does this
> mod require some other mod(s) to run? I'm using Better Bodies and Better
> Heads, which might affect the character models, but from what I understand,
> almost everybody uses those mods, so I don't think that would be the
> problem. More likely I've just downloaded the wrong version or something.
> I'm not sure I should continue doing this mod if it's not complete. Can
> somebody point me to where I can get this mod in complete form? (No
> FilePlanet links, please. I've given up on ever successfully downloading
> anything from them.)

iirc the docs state that this mod requires Tribunal
do you have it installed and selected ?

> iirc the docs state that this mod requires Tribunal
> do you have it installed and selected ?

Yeah, Tribunal I have. Bloodmoon too, in case that matters.

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
> I just started playing this mod for the first time, but it seems like it's
> not quite all there. Most of the people have been replaced with giant
> yellow diamonds with an exclamation point in them, which I'm assuming is
> what the game does if it's missing the model for the character? Does this
> mod require some other mod(s) to run? I'm using Better Bodies and Better
> Heads, which might affect the character models, but from what I understand,
> almost everybody uses those mods, so I don't think that would be the
> problem. More likely I've just downloaded the wrong version or something.
> I'm not sure I should continue doing this mod if it's not complete. Can
> somebody point me to where I can get this mod in complete form? (No
> FilePlanet links, please. I've given up on ever successfully downloading
> anything from them.)

I got my copy from thelys.org and had no problems with it.

JC

I believe Suran Underworld needs the Female Armour meshes from the Elder
Scrolls site - ie it's an official mod.

JC

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
> > iirc the docs state that this mod requires Tribunal
>> do you have it installed and selected ?
>
> Yeah, Tribunal I have. Bloodmoon too, in case that matters.

> I believe Suran Underworld needs the Female Armour meshes from the Elder
> Scrolls site - ie it's an official mod.

If you mean the LeFemme Domina armor, that's included in the Official
plugins package, I have it. Or is it a different one that includes the
female versions of ALL the armors? (I think I saw this somewhere, but it
said it was incompatible with LeFemme. I suppose I could get rid of
LeFemme, since I'm not using it anyhow, but I don't want to mess up my saves
by removing mods in mid-game...)

JC wrote:

> I believe Suran Underworld needs the Female Armour meshes from the Elder
> Scrolls site - ie it's an official mod.
>
> JC

No, it doesn't. I have only downloaded the Adamantium Armor mod and did
not have this problem.

> "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
>
>>>iirc the docs state that this mod requires Tribunal
>>>do you have it installed and selected ?
>>
>>Yeah, Tribunal I have. Bloodmoon too, in case that matters.

JC

I think it depends on which version of Suran Underworld you get. The one I
downloaded certainly needs the LeFemme Domina armor. I think I saw a readme
that says that earlier versions don't need it.

JC

JC wrote:

> I think it depends on which version of Suran Underworld you get. The one I
> downloaded certainly needs the LeFemme Domina armor. I think I saw a readme
> that says that earlier versions don't need it.

Thats strange as I have the latest Beta version from thelys.org

> JC
>
> "Michael W. Ryder" <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>>JC wrote:
>>

>>>I believe Suran Underworld needs the Female Armour meshes from the Elder
>>>Scrolls site - ie it's an official mod.
>>>
>>>JC
>>>

>>No, it doesn't. I have only downloaded the Adamantium Armor mod and did
>>not have this problem.
>>

>>>"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message

JC

Your version may be more recent than mine. The readme suggested it was only
a problem with the latest version, ie at the time the readme was written.
Pehaps it was fixed after that.

Despite these minor issues this is a mod I would recommend to all.