Enter Network Password Screen

I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled Windows and now when I add a
Network Place there's a different Password screen. I have 3 Network Places
right now and this only happens on 2 out of 3.

Pic :: www.if-hosting.com/ryanl/ENPS.JPG
1 answer Last reply
More about enter network password screen

    "sirryan" <sirryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<22D29C1A-CCE8-4F23-90A9-F25B8A5DCD28@microsoft.com>...
    > I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled Windows and now when I add a
    > Network Place there's a different Password screen. I have 3 Network Places
    > right now and this only happens on 2 out of 3.
    >
    > Pic :: www.if-hosting.com/ryanl/ENPS.JPG

    Are you using a different password or username than you used to use?
    On a peer-to-peer network other computers will try to authenticate
    using a list of usernames in their SAM (assuming the computers you are
    trying to connect to are WinXP or 2000). If your username and password
    matches a username / password in their SAM, then they will allow or
    deny access based on that information.

    If you are using a different username, or if it rejects your password,
    it will give you a chance to authenticate 'manually'.

    Give this a shot and see how it goes.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP