I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled Windows and now when I add a
Network Place there's a different Password screen. I have 3 Network Places
right now and this only happens on 2 out of 3.

Pic :: www.if-hosting.com/ryanl/ENPS.JPG

"sirryan" <sirryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<22D29C1A-CCE8-4F23-90A9-F25B8A5DCD28@microsoft.com>...
> I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled Windows and now when I add a
> Network Place there's a different Password screen. I have 3 Network Places
> right now and this only happens on 2 out of 3.
>
> Pic :: www.if-hosting.com/ryanl/ENPS.JPG

Are you using a different password or username than you used to use?
On a peer-to-peer network other computers will try to authenticate
using a list of usernames in their SAM (assuming the computers you are
trying to connect to are WinXP or 2000). If your username and password
matches a username / password in their SAM, then they will allow or
deny access based on that information.

If you are using a different username, or if it rejects your password,
it will give you a chance to authenticate 'manually'.

Give this a shot and see how it goes.