Can logon network

In news:539d01c47421$0a4567c0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked for help and I offered my
suggestions below:
> netlogon services does't start on Windows 2000 machine.
> Getting error 5737. Can anyone help?

Seems like a nasty one at first:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5737&eventno=1482&source=Netlogon&phase=1

Before taking these drastic steps, can we see some config info of your
machine? This way if there's a problem in the config, we can address that
and see if it helps.

The info below would be greatly appreciated.

1. Unedited ipconfig /all
2. The zone name in DNS and whether updates are allowed on the zone.
3. The AD DNS domain name.
4. If the SRV records exist under your zone.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Ace