pdf file colors are way off.. Black is faint reddish..

When I print the tips.pdf file at http://www.google.com/sms/tips.pdf,
the colors are WAY off. the black comes out reddish, and the rest of
the google colors are pastels. Doesn't print at all like it looks on my
screen and it's quite unreadable.

I've tried from both my mac and PC, which are immaculately maintained.
Both get the same results.

My first guess was I was out of black ink. I yanked the cartridge...
it had plenty.. tried a different pdf file on my comp and it printed
in black as expected.

So now my only guess is that either the file has something non-standard
going on with it's color information that somehow my printer is
incompatible with (how do I get around that)..

the printer is generally on its best behavior..
It's an HP G85 shared on our network with a jetdirect 300x.

this just seems absurd to me.. but I figured I'd check here if anybody
else had the same problem..

"hupjack" <hupjack@excite.com> wrote in message
> When I print the tips.pdf file at http://www.google.com/sms/tips.pdf,
> the colors are WAY off. the black comes out reddish, and the rest of
> the google colors are pastels. Doesn't print at all like it looks on my
> screen and it's quite unreadable.

This file has text in gray, which the printer interprets as a graphic and
prints using the color cartridge. Your color cartridge is low on cyan, causing
the red tint.

Regards,

thanks a bunch!

of course you were quite correct.. Thanks for help.