cache flushing interval?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 28, 2004 10:52:51 PM

How can I change how often a Win2k DNS server flushes its cache?

Thanks,
Brian
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:52:59 AM

In news:7CSNc.11280$09.1476974@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
BT <pangean@optonline.net> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> How can I change how often a Win2k DNS server flushes its
> cache?

By adding the MaxCacheTtl value to the registry that is in this KB article.
198408 Microsoft DNS Server Registry Parameters, Part 1 of 3
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;198408

BTW, DNS does not flush its cache, the records in cache expire based on the
TTL value of the cached record. If you set the MaxCacheTtl to 0 nothing will
be cached. Default is 86400 (no value)

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]