cache flushing interval?

How can I change how often a Win2k DNS server flushes its cache?

Thanks,
Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about cache flushing interval

    In news:7CSNc.11280$09.1476974@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
    BT <pangean@optonline.net> posted a question
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > How can I change how often a Win2k DNS server flushes its
    > cache?

    By adding the MaxCacheTtl value to the registry that is in this KB article.
    198408 Microsoft DNS Server Registry Parameters, Part 1 of 3
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;198408

    BTW, DNS does not flush its cache, the records in cache expire based on the
    TTL value of the cached record. If you set the MaxCacheTtl to 0 nothing will
    be cached. Default is 86400 (no value)

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    B> How can I change how often a Win2k DNS server flushes its cache?

    <URL:http://perl.plover.com./Questions3.html>

    European currency systems are not integrated with chocolate-covered
    bananas. Windows NT 2000 DNS servers do not have periodic cache flushes.

    <URL:http://catb.org./~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal>

Cache DNS Server Microsoft DNS Windows