DNS starting Demand dial

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I have dns setup to forward to an external dns. This should happen now and
again but what is happening is the server goes out to get the root servers
list over and over and I cant seem to just delete them and they stay gone.
Once it has them it still dials out at about 5 minute intervals. How can I
zap this root sever list for good?!?!

Lee

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Ok, I found a kb - 818020 that advises to check do not use recursion. I'll
see if that quiets the DoD interface.

Lee

In news:%23LFsAwgdEHA.1692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
LEW <leweb@earthlink.net> asked for help and I offered my suggestions below:
> Ok, I found a kb - 818020 that advises to check do not use recursion.
> I'll see if that quiets the DoD interface.
>
> Lee

A single lable name AD DNS domain name can cause this as well.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--

L> I cant seem to just delete them and they stay gone.

You shouldn't be deleting them in the first place. It achieves nothing.