DNS and DHCP problems starting

I have a domain controller at one of our remote sites
that for some reason has stopped issueing dhcp
addresses. The error message I get when i try to start
the dhcp server is (and error accured wile trying to
start the DHCP SERVER) NOW when i try to start the DNS
server it says it's already started however it showes up
as X out and i cannot get into the proporties. (in event
viewer it says DNS server sould initialize the (RPC
SERVICE) check to see if RPC IS RUNNING. I checked and
RPC SEEMS TO BE RUNNING HOWEVER I CANNOT RESTART IT. I
know this is a lot in here but i don't see what rpc has
to do with dns showing it's started nad not started and
why DHCP won't start.

Thanks in advance if anyone can get me started in the
right direction.

P.S The DHCP error is 1008 and 1007 but produces no real
article to help us out.

In news:748b01c47650$bd99efe0$a401280a@phx.gbl,
angryblack <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked for help and I
offered my suggestions below:
> I have a domain controller at one of our remote sites
> that for some reason has stopped issueing dhcp
> addresses. The error message I get when i try to start
> the dhcp server is (and error accured wile trying to
> start the DHCP SERVER) NOW when i try to start the DNS
> server it says it's already started however it showes up
> as X out and i cannot get into the proporties. (in event
> viewer it says DNS server sould initialize the (RPC
> SERVICE) check to see if RPC IS RUNNING. I checked and
> RPC SEEMS TO BE RUNNING HOWEVER I CANNOT RESTART IT. I
> know this is a lot in here but i don't see what rpc has
> to do with dns showing it's started nad not started and
> why DHCP won't start.
>
> Thanks in advance if anyone can get me started in the
> right direction.
>
> P.S The DHCP error is 1008 and 1007 but produces no real
> article to help us out.

1007:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1007&eventno=69&source=DHCP&phase=1

1008:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1008&eventno=3239&source=BINLSVC&phase=1

I think that if the machine lost connectivity to DNS, such as a bad wire,
port on the switch, NIC, etc, can cause this, since it cannot contact AD to
check for authorization, which of course uses RPC to communicate to AD. See
if you can run a dcdiag /v and a netdiag /v /fix and post them for us.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Ace