AM2 Mobo reccomendations

notquitehere188

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
I need to build an AMD comp, and i was wondering what good value AM2 mobos i can get
I would like to overclock as much as possible (X2 3800+), and use a PCI-E graphics card
The price request i got was not to spend extra money on it unless there is a good performance boost per dollar, but other than that there is no real limit other than being under $1300 without vid card. so i am trying to keep it as cheap as possible without sacrificing performance. so overclocking is definatley in.
also, they have a 200GB hard drive already from their old comp, and i dont know if new mobos support the old standard connection, since they advertise all these SATA ports

yyrkoon

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Highend: ABIT AN9 32x (non fata1ity)

Lowend: Asrock AM2NF4G-SATA2 (very solid budget board)

Although, If you have $1300 to spend (usd), I would recommend getting a C2D system instead, the ABIT AB9 Pro boards seems to be very good, with decent Overclockability, although maybe not as high as some of the Gigabyte boards, but this ABIT board has all the feature I personally want, so I guess it boils down to what you're going to do with it.

[EDIT]

Iireguardless, of brand name. you're going to need a 590 board since 590 boards have all the OC features enabled. So if your 'client' needs OC'n, then scratch the Asrock board I listed above.