Laserjet 3300 - sharing

Hello:

Does anyone know of a detailed instruction on how to troubleshoot the
sharing of this printer? I have a laptop (HP Pavilion dv 1000) connected
wirelessly to a Dell desktop. The laptop can access the internet well, but
I have not been able to share the printer, which is connected to the Dell.

Every time that I try to install it, no printer appears in the wizard other
than the following )-( Microsoft Windows Network
there is no + sign in front of this that could be opened to see a printer.

I can't see the printer from another PC in the house, a desktop, Compaq. I
also ran the trouble shootingwizard. Haven't been able to figure it out.

I'm sorry that I have to ask anonymously but I'm being spamed so badly that
some times I get 500 unsolicited emails. It looks like my email address has
been harvested somehow.

Thanks

mark

"Amateur" <someone@here.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know of a detailed instruction on how to troubleshoot the
> sharing of this printer? I have a laptop (HP Pavilion dv 1000) connected
> wirelessly to a Dell desktop. The laptop can access the internet well,
> but I have not been able to share the printer, which is connected to the
> Dell.
>
> Every time that I try to install it, no printer appears in the wizard
> other than the following )-( Microsoft Windows Network there
> is no + sign in front of this that could be opened to see a printer.
>
> I can't see the printer from another PC in the house, a desktop, Compaq.
> I also ran the trouble shootingwizard. Haven't been able to figure it
> out.
>
> I'm sorry that I have to ask anonymously but I'm being spamed so badly
> that some times I get 500 unsolicited emails. It looks like my email
> address has been harvested somehow.
>
> Thanks

What happens when you try to share the printer from the desktop? (Start,
Printers and Faxes, Right click on the pritner in question, pick "Sharing")

Mark