Win Tom's screaming $10,000 PC!

WGruener

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
On September 26, 2006, Tom's Hardware Guide will celebrate its 10th Anniversary. To show our appreciation, the site is giving away a specially commissioned $10,000 PC from Falcon Northwest. From now, until the site's birthday, you can get take a stab at getting your hands on this screaming monster of technology.

Share your thoughts!

cme2c

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
Awwwww nooooooooo US only
noooooooooooooooooo

Too right! They can come over here for our olympics, steal Nicole Kidman and Elle McPherson, and they don't even give us a fair go at the prize!

Unfair Koala Bear!

EvoMunster

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
It looks so SWEET!!! Cool thing is its gonna have Tomshardware 10th Anniversary on it so you can show it off. Geez I gotta stop drooling.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
:D :D :D Finally something really nice to THG loyal fans! :D :D :D

I just hope THG will give us all some info of the winner and his/her comments. If I win this then I'll give my SLi rig to my bro since his is only good for pong. :p :D :D :D

raymondchiang

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
WHY!?! Why is it always US only!?! I registered just to post this question...It can't be that hard to ship international. I'd even pay for the shipping myself if I won! :cry:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well I'll thread you the puppy for a E6600. :p

So Tom's is only giving a $10K? That's it? No other prizes? Like a 128Mb dimm or something? :( So I guess there would only be one winner.

xyzunit

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I should win..... so I can sell it and buy a car.

Not really, I'd keep the damn thing and never upgrade for like 8 years.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
It's my girlfriend's chiwawa (not the one in the avatar) and it's very lazy and wants to be carried around the place. I'm trying to get rid of it, it's eating my shoes every time I go to work. If you win the $10K pc I'll trade you with this puppy and I will tell my girl that it's missing. :p

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I thought it funny that on such an anti mac site that they are giving away a apple display. I mean, yeah, it is the best, and the most stylish, but i thought for certain it would be a 30" Dell. But yeah, I WANT IT. Why can't i be 18!!!!!

DDay

BobtheDead

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
I had to spend my saved money last month on a car because my '87 junker died. I was going to buy a pc, but this will do instead!

=d

S3TH2000

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Bloody americans.... I WANT!!! :'( Cant even get Falcon Northwest here...
Btw, is it just me or is it a Logitech Mx5000 wireless mouse + keyboard (with custom TH paint) in the picture? not the G5 and whatever else....

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I thought it funny that on such an anti mac site that they are giving away a apple display. I mean, yeah, it is the best, and the most stylish, but i thought for certain it would be a 30" Dell. But yeah, I WANT IT. Why can't i be 18!!!!!

DDay

Just sign your dad up instead. At least you're technically an american, and you have an american residence, unlike me. That thing is t3h s3x. If you win that DDay, you have to let me try it, and/or give me your opty rig and I can give my rig to my brother. We all feel sad that he's practicing for the nationals in starcraft on a 411 MHz computer. At least it has an agp slot, probably 1x though. Lol, it also has 3 ISA slots, which is even funnier.

Revrant

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Ewwwwww Onboard Audio

I reiterate! Ewwwwww!

Other than that and the wireless speakers(God I hate wireless speakers), that's an incredible gaming rig, and I'm definitely entering to get it anyhow.(Who the hell has hyper-expensive speakers and *horrible...Fuzzy...Quirky* onboard audio instead of a soundcard? Really)

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah I noticed that. There's should be sound card and better speakers, but hey $10,000 it is. It's perfect for me to win this since I got a nice sound card (X-Fi) and speakers (Klipsch). :D I love Falcon PC eventhough I can't afford one I just visit their sites anyhow and drool. :(

CalvinHobbes

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I just tried to enter this morning and got a message that I already voted. Something's wrong, this is the first time I tried to enter.

Burntime

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
This is dumb.. considering the fact that toms started in the UK, by a german - why the heck is this only available to the yanks... that's a real kick in the teeth ! Or are you planning a Quad SLI for us faithful europeans *wink* *wink* ;)