• ASUS M2N32-SLI

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I trying to make my mind between the Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H and the ASUS M2N32-SLI.
Both with the Nvidia 590 chipset, exact same slots, multiple SATA 3Gb/s support, DDR2-800 and so on. The difference here would be between the Nvidia Ntune (which lets you overclock from windows) Foxconn has and the "Inteligent overclocking features" Asus has. Now Vote! lol

badbrad

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
I dont know about Foxcon but Asus seems to have a few motherboard issues. I have been reading alot of problems for a board with such a good reputation...I think some manufactures are rushing out boards too fast....IMHO.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Ive heard about some trouble too, mostly with the memory. Thats why I stop considering anything but Corsair, I rather pay $20 more than not having a compatible at all memory...

I liked the Foxconn one because of the Nvidia endorsement. It seems to be like the motherboard Nvida would have made is they made boards lol

badbrad

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
its not just a memory issue. There are bios upgrade issues and I have heard of a couple boards smoking at startup..and I dont mean that in a good way. I have bought the m2n32 sli delux but have not tried to start it yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed . I will try on thursday to run it, after my ati video card arrives. When a person pays the kind of money for a mobo that Asus is asking or anyother brand for that matter, you should not have any problems starting up the system. None, nada, zilch. I'm hopeing to be one of the lucky ones. I have the right ram and its more than $20 difference. Its about $255 for two gig..more like a hundred dollars difference. 8O

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
We have had zero issues with the Foxconn boards we have built with and sold over the last few years. We haven't done much with Asus during that time because we had too many problems with them, both their boards and their support, several years ago. Asus boards are likely the better OCers, but I honestly think Foxconn boards have better quality. Cannot comment on their support since we haven't had to use it.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I have the right ram and its more than $20 difference. Its about $255 for two gig..more like a hundred dollars difference. 8O

really?? its $180 for 2gigs of corsair DDR2-800 CAS5 in newegg right now... well maybe without the rebate. But corsair is the best for memory so its money it was money well spended dont worry lol

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
We have had zero issues with the Foxconn boards we have built with and sold over the last few years. We haven't done much with Asus during that time because we had too many problems with them, both their boards and their support, several years ago. Asus boards are likely the better OCers, but I honestly think Foxconn boards have better quality. Cannot comment on their support since we haven't had to use it.

Those problems with Asus must be mainly for the memory compatibility and the fact that since Asus is almost always the first one in launching new products it rushes and the mobos come out with bugs...
But Foxconn (in this motherboard at least) is well backed by alot of Nvida tech, and I dont think their support is that great either since they dont even have english forums in their site. But I read a review and it came up better than the M2N32-SLI because of the layout.

Foxconn can offer cheaper prices thanks to their mass production, in I dont remmber which computer brand. So the cheaper prices here dont indicate lower quality. Sadly, Foxconn doesnt have a big, sparkly, marketed name like Asus does... lol

badbrad

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
ddr2 cas5 is not gonna speed up your AM2 system. It is recommended by overclockers to go with the cas4 ddr2. Thats the $255 price I was quoteing. :)