primary dns suffix

we have a windows nt 4 domain with 1 PDC & 100 clients
(windows 2k proff).in all the client machines mycomputer-
> properties->networkidentification->properties->more-
>"change primary DNS sufix value" is unchecked.because of
this when we migrate to win2k3 domain membership, suffix
is not changing .i want to change the " mycomputer->
properties->networkidentification->properties->more-
>"change primary DNS sufix value"" so that when i migrate
it change suffix successfully.since i have a windows NT
as the server group policy not possible .i want a
automated soluton so that i don't have to visit each
client.can u help me in this?.

You want to change the "SyncDomainWithMembership" REG_DWORD value to "1". If
it does not exist, you want to create it.

The key is (or should be) located in
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\

You can do this either through vbscript, reg import or simply uisng reg.exe
in a batch file

HTH
--
Sincerely,