Windows 2000 server

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My server was runnind Windows 2000 server. I replaced it
with new server with the same configuration. All
workstations can join domain. When I explore my domaine, I
can see server and workstations, but when I doubleclick on
any workstation the Enter Network Passord window opens and
it asks me for administrator password. I typed
administrator password and received the same window again.
It looks like password is incorrect, but I am 100% sure
the password is correct. What should I do on my server to
fix it?

aaa

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001

I don't know

In news:1fd501c47ca6$72335a80$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
> My server was runnind Windows 2000 server. I replaced it
> with new server with the same configuration. All
> workstations can join domain. When I explore my domaine, I
> can see server and workstations, but when I doubleclick on
> any workstation the Enter Network Passord window opens and
> it asks me for administrator password. I typed
> administrator password and received the same window again.
> It looks like password is incorrect, but I am 100% sure
> the password is correct. What should I do on my server to
> fix it?

Unfortunate that you did not have a backup to restore the DC.

Did you disjoing and then rejoing the client machines to the domain? Since
you 'recreated' the domain with the same name and everything, that does not
mean it is the same name. It now has a brand new SID, and the client
machines are looking for the original SID, and it does not match. That is
why you have to disjoing and rejoin. The users will lose their desktops due
to this, so you have to copy them over manually.

Maybe next time it would be better to have a backup?

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:46:19 -0700, "Bob"

>My server was runnind Windows 2000 server. I replaced it
>with new server with the same configuration. All
>workstations can join domain. When I explore my domaine, I
>can see server and workstations, but when I doubleclick on
>any workstation the Enter Network Passord window opens and
>it asks me for administrator password. I typed
>administrator password and received the same window again.
>It looks like password is incorrect, but I am 100% sure
>the password is correct. What should I do on my server to
>fix it?

In otherwords you want to browse to the wrokstation shares? You need
to have the account/password that works for those shares, which may or
may not be the server's administrator account.

In addition, if you replaced a system with an exact identical system,
it's not identical. At the least it has a new SID, so accounts and
shares under the old SID are no longer the same, even though thye look
the same.

Jeff