the hole black and nothing but the black

Short of filling all carts with black, is there any printer that used just a
black cart
My son had one years ago but I forget its brand.
Epson informs me that you must use some color ink:; to keep air bubbles from
forming if the color carts are empty it will Not print.
Any one knows that a firmware or driver update could stop any trying to
print by the color carts and no air bubbles would form.
But we all know that epson has changed from printer maker to ink seller.
AS I told them , I had bought 7 or 8 epson printers , way back to the one
with black ribbon, but my next printer might be someone elses..
tia

Yes, monochrome laser printers.

Why bother, if you only want to print B&W, to use an inkjet when you
can get a laser print for around $200-$300 (Australian)?

BURT

Since you are interested in printing black only you are not concerned about
color match. I don't know much about afatermarket products for Epson or HP,
but you can buy inexpensive aftermarket cartridges for Canon printers and
then you don't have to be so concerned about the cost of the color ink.
There are also some Canon printers that use a black pigmented ink only when
printing on the plain paper setting. The IP4000 is one of them. All of the
inkjet printers use cleaning cycles periodically or when there is a
temporary problem with the ink feeding and the cleaning cycles do use ink
from all of the cartridges. There are decent prefilled aftermarket
cartridges available from vendors on the internet. One that would work for
you is Alotofthings. For black only text printing, however, your long term
least expensive approach is a laser printer. Brother makes one that sells
for around $!00 when on sale.

"SLLD" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote in message
> Short of filling all carts with black, is there any printer that used just
> a black cart
> My son had one years ago but I forget its brand.
> Epson informs me that you must use some color ink:; to keep air bubbles
> from forming if the color carts are empty it will Not print.
> Any one knows that a firmware or driver update could stop any trying to
> print by the color carts and no air bubbles would form.
> But we all know that epson has changed from printer maker to ink seller.
> AS I told them , I had bought 7 or 8 epson printers , way back to the one
> with black ribbon, but my next printer might be someone elses..
> tia

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

Burt wrote:
> Since you are interested in printing black only you are not concerned about
> color match. I don't know much about afatermarket products for Epson or HP,
> but you can buy inexpensive aftermarket cartridges for Canon printers and
> then you don't have to be so concerned about the cost of the color ink.
> There are also some Canon printers that use a black pigmented ink only when
> printing on the plain paper setting. The IP4000 is one of them. All of the
> inkjet printers use cleaning cycles periodically or when there is a
> temporary problem with the ink feeding and the cleaning cycles do use ink
> from all of the cartridges. There are decent prefilled aftermarket
> cartridges available from vendors on the internet. One that would work for
> you is Alotofthings. For black only text printing, however, your long term
> least expensive approach is a laser printer. Brother makes one that sells
> for around $!00 when on sale.

Samsung also offers some pretty cheap printers. Of course, they're not as
much into advertising as HP... But I've never heard complaints about their
drivers, even for Linux, and their cartridges are cheaper than HP's.

GP

"SLLD" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote in message
> Short of filling all carts with black, is there any printer that used just a
> black cart

If you want to print B&W photos see recent HP Photosmart printers that support
the #59 or #100 cartridges. These are grayscale (Black, gray and light gray)
cartridges. Suitable printers would include the Photosmart 8450, Photosmart
8150, Photosmart 375, etc. See:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236251-64340.html .

If you want to print only B&W text you might consider a low end laser printer.
At the lower end, many recent HP DeskJet printers will operate with the color
cartridge removed, printing in black only. Example models include the DeskJet
5740, 6540, 6840, 5650, 3745 and others. See
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236251-236261.html.

> My son had one years ago but I forget its brand.
> Epson informs me that you must use some color ink:; to keep air bubbles from
> forming if the color carts are empty it will Not print.
> Any one knows that a firmware or driver update could stop any trying to print
> by the color carts and no air bubbles would form.

It is not quite that simple. If no color ink was used while printing black,
the color nozzles would be exposed to the air during printing and would tend to
clog unless there was some servicing of the color. Conspiracy theories aside,
there really is a reason for some color ink to be required when printing in a
system with fixed printheads.

Regards,

Burt wrote:

>Since you are interested in printing black only you are not concerned about
>color match. I don't know much about afatermarket products for Epson or HP,
>but you can buy inexpensive aftermarket cartridges for Canon printers and
>then you don't have to be so concerned about the cost of the color ink.
>There are also some Canon printers that use a black pigmented ink only when
>printing on the plain paper setting. The IP4000 is one of them. All of the
>inkjet printers use cleaning cycles periodically or when there is a
>temporary problem with the ink feeding and the cleaning cycles do use ink
>from all of the cartridges. There are decent prefilled aftermarket

that what you think. None of them are BRANDED so you never know what is
inside the cart at any point in time.

>cartridges available from vendors on the internet. One that would work for
>you is Bullshit. For black only text printing, however, your long term
>least expensive approach is a laser printer. Brother makes one that sells
>for around $!00 when on sale.
>
>"SLLD" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote in message
>

>>Short of filling all carts with black, is there any printer that used just
>>a black cart
>>My son had one years ago but I forget its brand.
>>Epson informs me that you must use some color ink:; to keep air bubbles
>>from forming if the color carts are empty it will Not print.
>>Any one knows that a firmware or driver update could stop any trying to
>>print by the color carts and no air bubbles would form.
>>But we all know that epson has changed from printer maker to ink seller.
>>AS I told them , I had bought 7 or 8 epson printers , way back to the one
>>with black ribbon, but my next printer might be someone elses..
>>tia

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:
None of them are BRANDED so you never know what is
> inside the cart at any point in time.

"Branded"...you mean like an animal? What jackass wants "branded" ink?
Oh...hehehe...you're the jackass! :-D
Idiot.
Frank

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

You could look at a monochrome laser as someone else suggested, or if you want
an inkjet some of the HP models will print with one of the cartridges removed.
So you would never need to replace the colour cartridge. Bob Headrick may be
able to advise you which models do this.
Tony

"SLLD" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:
>Short of filling all carts with black, is there any printer that used just a
>black cart
>My son had one years ago but I forget its brand.
>Epson informs me that you must use some color ink:; to keep air bubbles from
>forming if the color carts are empty it will Not print.
>Any one knows that a firmware or driver update could stop any trying to
>print by the color carts and no air bubbles would form.
>But we all know that epson has changed from printer maker to ink seller.
>AS I told them , I had bought 7 or 8 epson printers , way back to the one
>with black ribbon, but my next printer might be someone elses..
>tia

BURT

By now you know not to pay any attention to Measekite's responses. He
changes other peoples messages, has a pathological bias against aftermarket
inks and cartridges, and attacks anyone who writes anything he doesn''t
agree with.

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
> None of them are BRANDED so you never know what is
>
>> inside the cart at any point in time.
>>

> "Branded"...you mean like an animal? What jackass wants "branded" ink?
> Oh...hehehe...Idiot. Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

>> By now you know to pay any attention to Frank's responses. Frank
>> changes other peoples messages, has a pathological bias against oem
>> inks and cartridges, and attacks anyone who writes anything he
>> doesn''t agree with.

hahaha...only in your dreams you stupid piece of wasted humanity.
Everyone knows you're the one who changes everyone else's postings. The
above is just one example of you doing this. It's all your deranged mind
can conceive.
You're nothing but a brainless perverted sicko who is a moron.

Frank

The original Epson inkjet printers were black only (the Epson 800 was
one - not the SC 800, which is color). I don't know if anyone makes an
exclusively black inkjet these days, but I believe HP has some that will
work with just the black cartridge installed.

Art

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>>> By now you know to pay any attention to Frank's responses. Frank
>>> changes other peoples messages, has a pathological bias against oem
>>> inks and cartridges, and attacks anyone who writes anything he
>>> doesn''t agree with.
>>

> hahaha...only in your dreams you stupid piece of wasted humanity.
> Everyone knows I am the one who changes everyone else's postings. The
> above is just one example of me doing this. It's all your deranged
> mind can conceive.
> I am nothing but a brainless perverted sicko who is a moron.
>
> Frank

You are really hard on yourself.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

Everyone knows I am the one who changes everyone else's postings.
It's all my deranged mind can conceive.
I am nothing but a brainless perverted sicko who is a moron.

Thanks for finally admitting the truth that everyone else already knows.
Frank

Thanks to all that commented on this problem
I am looking at the Hp units
thanks again

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

> Everyone knows Frank is the one who changes everyone else's postings.
> It's all his deranged mind can conceive.
> Frank is nothing but a brainless perverted sicko who is a moron.
>

> I will finally admit the truth that everyone else already knows. Frank

You must of left something out but I do agree that you are a do do

measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>

>> Everyone knows Frank is the one who changes everyone else's postings.
>> It's all his deranged mind can conceive.
>> Frank is nothing but a brainless perverted sicko who is a moron.
>>

>> I will finally admit the truth that everyone else already knows. Frank
>

> You must of left something out but I do agree that you are a do do

Yeah!

measekite