downloading updates

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have a downloading updates icon in tray icon, that shows 0% for more than
3 weeks.
Later updates(i.e. 17/10/04) were allready downloaded and installed.
I wanna get rid of that icon, how ?
10x,
Janiv.
1 answer Last reply
More about downloading updates
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Janiv,
    Assuming you have SP2 follow these steps:
    * right-click 'My Computer > click 'Properties'
    * click into 'Automatic Updates' tab
    * check 'Turn off Automatic Updates > 'OK
    Reboot > now renable using the same steps

    Drew

    "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message
    I have a downloading updates icon in tray icon, that shows 0% for more than
    3 weeks.
    Later updates(i.e. 17/10/04) were allready downloaded and installed.
    I wanna get rid of that icon, how ?
    10x,
    Janiv.

Support Microsoft Customization Windows XP