Changing from single-label domain to full name

PaulO

How can I change the single-label domain to full name
without removing and reinstalling Active Directory in a
Windows 2000 Server Domain Controller?

In news:2c1801c47e26$f3bfb220$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Paulo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> How can I change the single-label domain to full name
> without removing and reinstalling Active Directory in a
> Windows 2000 Server Domain Controller?

You cannot.

The only option you have in Win2k to save your user and computer accounts is
to add an NT4 BDC, disconnect it from the Network, promote to a PDC then
upgrade the NT4 to Win2k and DCPROMO to a multi-label domain. I'd suggest
something other than your public domain name, then disconnect the Win2k from
the Network, rejoin the clients to the new domain, Demote the old Wink2 DC
from its domain and promote it as a replica of the newly upgraded DC.
292541 - How to Rename the DNS Name of a Windows 2000 Domain:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292541&Product=win2000

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]