X1900XT problem after building comp

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Ok so , since i've built my new comp, i've tried out the game FEAR. The game runs smoothly, no fps lag whatsoever, however randomly the game crashes frequently and basically this is what happens. Turns into blackscreen, my monitor basically isnt' recieving any information so it turns black and the power signal thingy on the monitor turns from a green light to a orange light. Then i see a solid red light on the graphic card. Then i wait about 10 sec and it auto restarts. and then the microsoft error ****** pops up and this is what it says

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.as...c-fd2f-4216-84a2-bcff07321335&SID=1371

ANd i've tried reinstalling 2 different drivers alrdy , not sure whats the problem

System specs:
E6300
DS3 Gigabyte
ANtec 550 W truepower

and no i havn't overclocked my graphic card

please help

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Ok so , since i've built my new comp, i've tried out the game FEAR. The game runs smoothly, no fps lag whatsoever, however randomly the game crashes frequently and basically this is what happens. Turns into blackscreen, my monitor basically isnt' recieving any information so it turns black and the power signal thingy on the monitor turns from a green light to a orange light. Then i see a solid red light on the graphic card. Then i wait about 10 sec and it auto restarts. and then the microsoft error ****** pops up and this is what it says

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.as...c-fd2f-4216-84a2-bcff07321335&SID=1371

ANd i've tried reinstalling 2 different drivers alrdy , not sure whats the problem

System specs:
E6300
DS3 Gigabyte
ANtec 550 W truepower

and no i havn't overclocked my graphic card

please help

MORE INFO PLEASE. Please list everything in your system. It sounds like you have a faulty video card, but listing everything helps. Try running DXDIAG and see if the card fails any tests. Does this only happen in FEAR or in any game?

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
ok,

Corsair DDR2 800 C4 ram
THermaltake Soprano Case
STock cooling for E6300
2 x seagate 80 gb sata 3 harddrive

and i've experienced maybe 2-3 random restarts from my computer during the past 2 days. however i only have 2 games installed on this computer, one is cs which works perfectly, and the other fear whcih isn't as fortunate.

And where can u dl the dxdiag program

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
ok,

Corsair DDR2 800 C4 ram
THermaltake Soprano Case
STock cooling for E6300
2 x seagate 80 gb sata 3 harddrive

and i've experienced maybe 2-3 random restarts from my computer during the past 2 days. however i only have 2 games installed on this computer, one is cs which works perfectly, and the other fear whcih isn't as fortunate.

And where can u dl the dxdiag program

Start-->Run and then type dxdiag.exe at the prompt.

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
"Auto PCIE mhz, is the worst feature of this board, cause it appears that it just goes anywhere it wants with the frequency, which makes the cards unstable, or in ATI cards case, just plain old not show a screen."

quoted from xtreme forums, not sure if that could be my problem

but my pcie mhz was set to auto and the symptoms fit lol, but now i set it to 100mhz, see if anything improves