will a computer fit into overhead on an airplane?

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Ok so after another post in the forum i dont want to check my computer. However, I also dont feel like shipping it back east from CA and waiting 3 days to use a computer i have been waiting months to build.

Does anyone know (from exprience or seing it done) if a computer can fit in the overhead? Its just a standard computer case like the centurion 531:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119091

You wont be getting anything that big anywhere close to an airplane overhead or even on the plane. It is just too big. If they actually let you take it on the plane, it has to fit under the seat in front and you will be charged extra for it being so big. Just send the damn thing overnight if you cannot wait on it.

dandano

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I wouldn't even try to take a computer onto an airplane anymore. Security has just been tightened up even more, so even if it did fit, you mght have it taken away from you at any time.

Onthefarside

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
If you can find a nice box, just take out your fragile parts like HDD and Vid crd, stuff that might be damaged from being tossed around a little bit and have them put it underneath. I've done this before, I just found a decent sized box, if you have the box the case came with, thats perfect but just take some bed sheets or pillows and it'll be fine, temps in the cargo section aren't anything extreme should be the same as the cabin. If you can, try to have it gate tagged, where you bring it to the plane and they put a tag on it and put it underneath and you can get it right when you get off the plane.