DDNS not working from other subnet??

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I am running a Windows 2000 Server with DNS running. Our firewall on 2
seperate floors provides DHCP for each vlan/subnet.

For some reason only the clients on the vlan/subnet where the w2k server
resides are able to register their ip address with the dns server.

Am i missing something, I've totally opened up the firewalls so nothing is
being blocked their however I'm wondering what could be keeping the clients
from operating the same.

I have also taken a laptop that i know works fine on the DNS servers vlan
and gone to the other and it did not work.

Please help...
Thanks in advance.
Troy

In news:eFC3GpMgEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Troy <tgauthier@DONOTSPAM.ires.ubc.ca> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> I am running a Windows 2000 Server with DNS running. Our
> firewall on 2 seperate floors provides DHCP for each
> vlan/subnet.
>
> For some reason only the clients on the vlan/subnet where
> the w2k server resides are able to register their ip
> address with the dns server.
>
> Am i missing something, I've totally opened up the
> firewalls so nothing is being blocked their however I'm
> wondering what could be keeping the clients from
> operating the same.
>
> I have also taken a laptop that i know works fine on the
> DNS servers vlan and gone to the other and it did not
> work.
>
> Please help...
> Thanks in advance.
> Troy

Can you post an ipconfig /all for a client on each subnet?

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]