DNS Records

Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS that
points a specific URL to another, for example

Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com points
to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in the ie. Is
there any way to do this?

Thanks

Pablo César.
2 answers Last reply
More about records

    In news:%230kel2UgEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Pablo Cesar <pablo@pablo.com> made a post then I commented below
    > Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS
    > that points a specific URL to another, for example
    >
    > Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com
    > points to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in
    > the ie. Is there any way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pablo César.

    To redirect a URL such as what you want to do would need to be done either
    in a web page or thru IIS. DNS cannot redirect to a URL. Maybe a 3rd party
    tool?

    JPELECTRON DNS Redirector:
    http://www.jpelectron.com/dnsredir.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    A lifetime commitment for a pig.
    --
    =================================

    "Pablo Cesar" <pablo@pablo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS that
    > points a specific URL to another, for example
    >
    > Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com points
    > to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in the ie. Is
    > there any way to do this?

    Redirection such as that would be handled through HTML ... actually, through
    a META tag. For example:

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=mynewpage.html">

    Or, in your case:

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5;
    URL=http://exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange">

    The "5" indicates to wait 5 seconds before redirecting. The URL value is the
    target. To satisfy the older browsers that do not support the meta tag, also
    be sure to include a link on the page saying something to the effect of "If
    your browser is an antique, click here."

    Here's a few other examples if you are interested:

    http://www.mountaindragon.com/html/links.htm

    (Chosen at random from a Google search)

Internet Explorer Domain Microsoft DNS Exchange Windows