DNS Records

Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS that
points a specific URL to another, for example

Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com points
to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in the ie. Is
there any way to do this?

Thanks

Pablo César.

In news:%230kel2UgEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Pablo Cesar <pablo@pablo.com> made a post then I commented below
> Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS
> that points a specific URL to another, for example
>
> Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com
> points to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in
> the ie. Is there any way to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pablo César.

To redirect a URL such as what you want to do would need to be done either
in a web page or thru IIS. DNS cannot redirect to a URL. Maybe a 3rd party
tool?

JPELECTRON DNS Redirector:
http://www.jpelectron.com/dnsredir.htm

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

"Pablo Cesar" <pablo@pablo.com> wrote in message
> Hi people! i would like to know how can i create a record in my DNS that
> points a specific URL to another, for example
>
> Example: My domain is domain.com , and i want that exchange.xxx.com points
> to exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange when i put that address in the ie. Is
> there any way to do this?

Redirection such as that would be handled through HTML ... actually, through
a META tag. For example:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=mynewpage.html">

Or, in your case:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5;
URL=http://exchangeserver.xxx.com/exchange">

The "5" indicates to wait 5 seconds before redirecting. The URL value is the
target. To satisfy the older browsers that do not support the meta tag, also
be sure to include a link on the page saying something to the effect of "If
your browser is an antique, click here."

Here's a few other examples if you are interested:

http://www.mountaindragon.com/html/links.htm

(Chosen at random from a Google search)