DHCP assigned DNS server changing from assigned to 10.10.1.1

Hello,

We are changing our network from a static environment to a DHCP
environment. We have the scope options configured for our new setup.
However, on a sporatic basis, some of our clients lose the assigned
DNS Server from DHCP and get set at 10.10.1.1. If we do an ipconfig
/release and ipconfig /renew it fixes the problem, but this is
frustrating to the users.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Patrick

Make sure there are no other DHCP servers on your network... What's
10.10.1.1 - is that your router? Turn off DHCP there if you haven't - use
your server as the DCHP server.

What's the client OS? If XP, have you double checked the PC's TCP/IP config
to make sure there are no 'alternate' settings in there?

Patrick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are changing our network from a static environment to a DHCP
> environment. We have the scope options configured for our new setup.
> However, on a sporatic basis, some of our clients lose the assigned
> DNS Server from DHCP and get set at 10.10.1.1. If we do an ipconfig
> /release and ipconfig /renew it fixes the problem, but this is
> frustrating to the users.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick

Patrick,

We have had the exact same problem with our network, it began slowly
and now has become more frequent. As you said, very frustrating for
users. I was wondering if you had any further information on this
issue? We do not have any other dhcp servers on our network and
cannot find any "rouge" devices.

Any input would be apprieciated.

Amy

In news:3caec29c.0408261112.5a9d07f1@posting.google.com,
Amy Mason <amason@informationmatters.com> made a post then I commented below
> Patrick,
>
> We have had the exact same problem with our network, it began slowly
> and now has become more frequent. As you said, very frustrating for
> users. I was wondering if you had any further information on this
> issue? We do not have any other dhcp servers on our network and
> cannot find any "rouge" devices.
>
> Any input would be apprieciated.
>
> Amy

When you do an ipconfig /all on the machines, are they all the same DHCP
servers listed or do they show different DHCP servers?

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.