I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
nice color-corridinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
desirable location.

What do you hope for?

DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:
> I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
> decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
> nice color-corridinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
> should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
> be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
> have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
> that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
> desirable location.
>
> What do you hope for?

Well I've just started playing Morrowind, and prior to this the only
D&D-style game I'd played was Dark Age of Camelot, so that will heavily
affect my opinions.

Being able to purchase dye/enamel in DAoC was fantastic, although perhaps
less essential in a single-player game. I'd like to be able to rename a
home that I've taken over. I'm tired of having the name of that filthy
orc hanging over MY new place! :)

drybones

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2004

"Colin B." <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote in message

> Well I've just started playing Morrowind, and prior to this the only
> D&D-style game I'd played was Dark Age of Camelot, so that will heavily
> affect my opinions.
>
> I'd like to be able to rename a
> home that I've taken over. I'm tired of having the name of that filthy
> orc hanging over MY new place! :)

GOOD ONE !!! 8^)

Watching over us from Center Neptune, 7-"Colin B."-7 wrote...

> Being able to purchase dye/enamel in DAoC was fantastic, although perhaps
> less essential in a single-player game. I'd like to be able to rename a
> home that I've taken over. I'm tired of having the name of that filthy
> orc hanging over MY new place! :)

Oh yes.

This is one of the things I really want in Morrowind, right now.

And I think we're talking about the same house, too.

I also want more recorded in the journal with a better search. Someone in
Ald'ruhn mentioned someone in Suran, but by the time I got down there I'd
forgotten who, so now I'm just going to have to talk to everyone and see if
they know anything about bandits.

> Oh yes.
>
> This is one of the things I really want in Morrowind, right now.
>
> And I think we're talking about the same house, too.

Dura Gra-Bol, by any chance? Was my home too before I discovered house
mods. Now I just have to pick one house mod and stick with it. I swear I
spend more time moving all my stuff from one place to another than actually
playing the game these days...

> I also want more recorded in the journal with a better search. Someone in
> Ald'ruhn mentioned someone in Suran, but by the time I got down there I'd
> forgotten who, so now I'm just going to have to talk to everyone and see
if
> they know anything about bandits.

Agreed, desperately needed. Features that could come in handy:

-Go to Date/Page. This would prevent you from having to flip back through
pages and pages of journal to find a specific entry made a long time ago.
-Custom Entries. You should be able to type your own entries for reference.
These should be in a seperate section, so you don't have to go back
searching for them.
-All quest entries should include the name and location of the quest giver.
I did a Temple quest once to cure some random person of a disease, and I was
told to go report back to Tels Venim or something like that. I had to go
into the editor to figure out which temple the guy was living in, and it
turned out when I got there that he had disappeared through some geometry or
something, which was why I never found him when searching from temple to
temple. A simple 'RA' in the console brought him back, but you'd have to
know which temple to be in in order to find him first...
-All vital information should be automatically entered in the journal. This
includes things like directions to the location you're supposed to go to,
the name of the people you're supposed to deal with, exactly what you're
expected to do with them, etc. They've done most of this, but there are
many instances where the journal info is seriously lacking in this
department.
-Keyword search. Not just a select list of keywords provided by the game,
but ANY word in the entry. You should also be able to search quotes based
on who said them, or based on the location you were in when you heard the
info, etc.

DeAnn wrote in news:1106587619.801918.326690
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
> decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
> nice color-corridinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
> should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
> be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
> have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
> that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
> desirable location.
>
> What do you hope for?

I'll be happy as long as it's actually Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and
NOT Elder Scrolls IV: Crash To Desktop.

Oh, and More Spoons.

--
~sethra

DeAnn wrote:

> I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
> decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
> nice color-corridinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
> should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
> be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
> have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
> that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
> desirable location.
>
> What do you hope for?

I would like if the criminal system was realistic. How can they know if
a crime is committed if no one sees it? If the law is omniscient and
know when anyone commits a crime then how does the thief's guild, etc.
exist? Plus why is the fine for backstabbing a mage 40 GP, but
trespassing in the wrong part of a castle 1,000 GP? The whole system
does not work.
Also I would like it if sneaking actually worked. If it is dark then
you have a better chance than in bright light, if I am moving over grass
the chance should be better than running over marble floors. I should
not be able to walk up to someone in the middle of a bright room and
kill him with a single blow without him ever seeing me. At the same
time when one person in a group drops from a sniping attack, backstab,
etc. the others in the group should react rather than just standing
there waiting for their turn. The Thief series did this right.
Morrowind did it totally wrong.

Watching over us from Center Neptune, 7-"Darrel Hoffman"-7 wrote...

> Dura Gra-Bol, by any chance? Was my home too before I discovered
> house mods. Now I just have to pick one house mod and stick with it.
> I swear I spend more time moving all my stuff from one place to
> another than actually playing the game these days...

That's the one.

I'm playing without unofficial mods right now. I've only just got the PC
version (been playing on the Xbox before now) and there's more than enough
there to last me without adding more.

I am so tempted just to drop some extra towns and houses in, though. And I
like the idea of having pigs and chickens running around and...

I have to be strong.

On 24 Jan 2005 09:26:59 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
wrote:

>What do you hope for?

I would like rumors to change more often. For instance, if you kill
the Camora Tong members, then that is all that most of the people in
Balmora talk about for the rest of the game. I also miss the ability
from Daggerfall to ask anyone for the locations of buildings and
people. You don't always get the answer in Daggerfall, but at least
you can ask the question.
--
Nyctolops

starwolf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

"sethra" <azoblue@myrealboxDOT.com> wrote in message
> DeAnn wrote in news:1106587619.801918.326690
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>> What do you hope for?
>
> I'll be happy as long as it's actually Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and
> NOT Elder Scrolls IV: Crash To Desktop.
>
> Oh, and More Spoons.

Just remember, there is no spoon.
..
..

Oh, wait. wrong universe. Oopsie.

Starwolf

starwolf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
> decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
> nice color-corridinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
> should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
> be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
> have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
> that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
> desirable location.
>
> What do you hope for?

I totally agree on the fashion and nesting urges... I game for the world
immersion, and just putz through the quests, so...
Black clothing. Nice tattoos, not just full face paint in blue for only
some races.

How about KITCHENS????? All these dishes and silverware, and not one
freakin kitchen to be found... not even in the freakin BARS!!!!! Hello? Am
I missing something here?

A bit more interesting dialogue.... when practically every single NPC has
the same rumor and advice, it gets boring talking to them to find out who
has the scraps of info you want. I like the mods I found for Morrowind that
add local gossip to the NPCs... even the totally irrelevant chitchat about
who hates who (locally, not organized crime hates)...

Maps that allow you to add pushpins to the world map, and not just the local
map.

PLEASE, a game that does NOT require me to upgrade to computer with these
specs or better: Octium 10ghz quantum chip with 5 gig of RAM and a 2
terabyte hard drive.....just so that I can have the minimum requirements to
avoid CTD...

Starwolf

> How about KITCHENS????? All these dishes and silverware, and not one
> freakin kitchen to be found... not even in the freakin BARS!!!!! Hello?
Am
> I missing something here?

They're also missing outhouses and latrines, but I'm not complaining... One
thing I did notice about this game that is in my experience quite rare in
RPGs, though, is that there at least is a bed for pretty much every NPC in
the game. There's almost nobody wandering around out on the streets that
doesn't live somewhere, and every shopkeeper has a bed in a loft or
downstairs or something. Granted, nobody's ever witnessed anybody USING
these beds (or a chair for that matter), but it's a nice touch.

> A bit more interesting dialogue.... when practically every single NPC has
> the same rumor and advice, it gets boring talking to them to find out who
> has the scraps of info you want. I like the mods I found for Morrowind
that
> add local gossip to the NPCs... even the totally irrelevant chitchat about
> who hates who (locally, not organized crime hates)...

As long as stuff like this can be pretty easily modded, I can live without
Bethesda doing that themselves, though it would be nice. I'd prefer if they
spent their times fixing the things that can't be easily done with a mod.
This is why improving the script editor is such a big one for me, as it
would make so much more possible in the modding community that any lackings
in Bethesda's game development would easily be made up for by the fans doing
it themselves...

> Maps that allow you to add pushpins to the world map, and not just the
local
> map.

Agreed, desperately needed. Either that, or make it possible to pan the
local map more than 1 screen's width away from your current location. Maybe
even both. Or have another zoom-level in between the two maybe. Searching
for a little cave in a large region can be quite tough due to these
limitations, even if you've been there before.

> PLEASE, a game that does NOT require me to upgrade to computer with these
> specs or better: Octium 10ghz quantum chip with 5 gig of RAM and a 2
> terabyte hard drive.....just so that I can have the minimum requirements
> avoid CTD...

This is probably the biggest one for me. Or at least, the minimum specs
should be more thoroughly tested, and accurately represented on the box. I
have a system with more than triple the specs of what's listed as
"Recommended" on the box, and still get CTDs on a painfully regular (yet
oddly completely unpredictable) basis...

Some time between the hours of March 10th and Friday, "DeAnn"
<von.sagrillo@verizon.net> committed the following:

> I hope the developers pay more attention to those of us who like to
> decorate our characters and their homes. We should be able to get some
> nice color-coordinated outfits (for all qualities of clothing), we
> should be able to buy tables and candles to place on them. We should
> be able to put the books we collect into bookshelves. We should not
> have to choose between clothing that is highly enchantable and cloting
> that is, say, blue. We should be able to buy/earn a house in a
> desirable location.
>
> What do you hope for?

I hope that the developers don't listen to the idiots who want to turn
Oblivion into an ungodly conglomeration of The Sims, Sim Life, an RPG, an
RTS, and an FPS that requires 10GB of hard disk space. Damn thing'd be
lamer than a corprus stalker with advanced leprosy.

Then again, I wouldn't mind a MUCH improved scripting language (something
with the OO capacities of Java, the hierarchical decision trees of Prolog,
and the database power of SQL) and a model converter that can handle
formats from cheaper programs than 3DSmax. It would have to run a hell of a
lot quicker than currently, too. More time for better AI routines that way.

A more streamlined editor for terrain. It'd be much more workable to be
able to generate a nice lump of terrain in something like Terragen, then
import it into a set of cells "centered" on a specific one. (There's a tool
out there already that does that, but it's not very good.) Being able to
specify water heights by cell would also be a good idea. (Real-looking
rivers anyone?)

I'd also like to add my support for a major overhaul of the justice system
and the way news travels. "Stolen" flags on a per-reference basis, for one;
and a major reduction in the value of n (the speed at which news travels
throughout the game world.)
--
Rev. Cardboard Box, setting the bad example
www.livejournal.com/users/revcardboardbox

starwolf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
>> How about KITCHENS????? All these dishes and silverware, and not one
>> freakin kitchen to be found... not even in the freakin BARS!!!!! Hello?
> Am
>> I missing something here?
>
> They're also missing outhouses and latrines, but I'm not complaining...
> One
> thing I did notice about this game that is in my experience quite rare in
> RPGs, though, is that there at least is a bed for pretty much every NPC in
> the game. There's almost nobody wandering around out on the streets that
> doesn't live somewhere, and every shopkeeper has a bed in a loft or
> downstairs or something. Granted, nobody's ever witnessed anybody USING
> these beds (or a chair for that matter), but it's a nice touch.

No homeless people except my early level character, then.... I do agree
about the nice touch, with the attention to detail. But I still think it
must be a game designed by people who only eat carry-out... <grin>

Outhouses might be just a tad too much realism...

>> A bit more interesting dialogue.... when practically every single NPC has
>> the same rumor and advice, it gets boring talking to them to find out who
>> has the scraps of info you want. I like the mods I found for Morrowind
> that
>> add local gossip to the NPCs... even the totally irrelevant chitchat
>> about
>> who hates who (locally, not organized crime hates)...
>
> As long as stuff like this can be pretty easily modded, I can live without
> Bethesda doing that themselves, though it would be nice. I'd prefer if
> they
> spent their times fixing the things that can't be easily done with a mod.
> This is why improving the script editor is such a big one for me, as it
> would make so much more possible in the modding community that any
> lackings
> in Bethesda's game development would easily be made up for by the fans
> doing
> it themselves...

Anything that keeps the modding community happy is a big one for me. I
seriously wish I could convey how much of a wonderful blessing the modding
community here is...

>> PLEASE, a game that does NOT require me to upgrade to computer with these
>> specs or better: Octium 10ghz quantum chip with 5 gig of RAM and a 2
>> terabyte hard drive.....just so that I can have the minimum requirements
>> avoid CTD...
>
> This is probably the biggest one for me. Or at least, the minimum specs
> should be more thoroughly tested, and accurately represented on the box.
> have a system with more than triple the specs of what's listed as
> "Recommended" on the box, and still get CTDs on a painfully regular (yet
> oddly completely unpredictable) basis...

I'm planning a computer upgrade when I buy Oblivion. And it's pathetic,
that I would be planning such a major expenditure around a freakin GAME.....

Starwolf