2 primary dns servers 1 domain

I have one domain sst.fakename.com. I want 2 dns servers both Primary AD
integrated on the same domain for redundency. It seems to be setup right but
when I run netdiag /d:sst it fails the dns portion with the error "the dns
entries for this dc are not resistered correctly on server first dc"
Can I have 2 primary AD integrated servers on the same domain ?
How can I correct this problem ?
The name of the server is sst_bdc.sst.fakename.com

"stchase" <stchase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have one domain sst.fakename.com. I want 2 dns servers both Primary AD
> integrated on the same domain for redundency.

> It seems to be setup right but
> when I run netdiag /d:sst it fails the dns portion with the error "the dns
> entries for this dc are not resistered correctly on server first dc"

Usually this happens because you screw up the DNS and the DCs
can replicate without the DNS -- then you integrate the DNS into
the DC and get stuck in a vicious circle.

You may have to (temporarily) go back to ONE Primary (or AD)
DNS server -- get everything registered using the other as a secondary,
THEN...

Get AD replicated fully before making the second (or subsequent)
DNS servers integrated again.

> Can I have 2 primary AD integrated servers on the same domain ?

Absolutely -- they don't even show most of their advantages until
you do this.

> How can I correct this problem ?

See above.

> The name of the server is sst_bdc.sst.fakename.com

Ok.

--
Herb Martin