TkdRO

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I was wondering if you guys could help with some insight on my computer.
Basically Sometimes playing very low quality games like Warcraft 3 Frozen throne, Counterstrike source, my computer will freeze up anywhere from 5-30 seconds then come back. And it just doesn't seem like a 3.8ghz to me. Things lag a lot seems like it has trouble n stuff, plus the Power supply is Super LOUD..
If anyone can help me out with any info on how to maybe fix these issues it would be great appreciated.

My system:
CPU PD-805 2.66 OC'D TO 3.8GHZ W/ZALMAN CNPS9500LED
ASUS P5WD2E PREMIUM
1 GB COSAIR DUAL CHANNEL 667
WD 320GB SATA2 16MB
MSI 7600GT 256M
LG DVD-RW
LG DVD PLAYER
THERMALTAKE CAR STYLE LIGHTER (ON 5.25 BAY)
ASPIRE 500WATT PS

Lamy

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
is your OC totally stable? try running Prime95 for awhile and see if any errors are reported, if they are, take the OC down alittle.

However a more likely situation would be your power supply and the name Aspire ... not exatcly the greatest company. ESP with an overclocked CPU you need stable power, in this case I dont think that PSU can handle the amount of OC you have and is cutting out because of it. Im sorry... but you may need a new PSU if you wish to hold onto your current OC levels. Try an Antec, Enermax, Fortron, PC power & cooling or something similar next time and all this is avoided! Maybe the extra 20-30 bucks for a quality brand PSU seems like a much better deal than it did when you bought this PSU!

TkdRO

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Yeah i was thinking that too, the Power Supply came with the case.
But yeah i think its time to find a new PS.

Mondoman

Splendid
I...
My system:
CPU PD-805 2.66 OC'D TO 3.8GHZ W/ZALMAN CNPS9500LED
I'm pretty sure your CPU cooler does not blow air down onto the MB components like PWMs around the CPU, like the OEM CPU heatsink/fan does. You could be having overheating issues, perhaps even with the CPU. Instead of burning up, the CPU (being from Intel), will slow itself down so as not to overheat. Any idea what your CPU & PWM temps are when this happens?