I sold something I need at the Mournhold museum

Is there any way of getting it back, I need it for a quest?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:00:28 -0000, "Henchman:crg"
<colin.girling@coloursolutions.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there any way of getting it back, I need it for a quest?

Only theft, and you'd need to be a pretty good thief to get away with
it.

Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:00:28 -0000, "Henchman:crg"
> <colin.girling@coloursolutions.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Is there any way of getting it back, I need it for a quest?
>
> Only theft, and you'd need to be a pretty good thief to get away with
> it.

Actually, depending on the object, I think there are actually multiples,
but they're tough to find. Been a while since I fired up, so I don't
remember which ones, but I'm certain that at least a couple of the Museum
quest artifacts are - in spite of being called unique - available in
multiple places.

--
John Henry
"The Canadian people seem very friendly. I was happy to see them waving

> >Is there any way of getting it back, I need it for a quest?
>
> Only theft, and you'd need to be a pretty good thief to get away with
> it.

Or be in possession of a certain popular amulet... Unless the amulet is the
thing you sold, in which case you're screwed. Not sure, does the amulet
count as a "unique" item?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:51:00 +1100, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:00:28 -0000, "Henchman:crg"
> <colin.girling@coloursolutions.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way of getting it back, I need it for a quest?
>
> Only theft, and you'd need to be a pretty good thief to get away with
> it.

If you are supposed to deliver the artifact to someone else, this won't
work as all artifacts displayed in the museum have a different ID than
the original artifact. For example, the original Umbra sword has the ID
longsword_umbra_unique whereas the displayed sword has the ID
longsword_umbra_unique_x.

To Henchman:
The only way to get the original artifact back is using the Console.
The command is
player -> additem "item_id" 1
where item_id is the id used by the game engine. You can determine this
ID by using the TESCS (Construction Set). If you don't feel up to that
task, simply tell me which artifact you need and I'll post the complete
Console command.

Björn

thanks, had to do that in the end.
Made the error of donating an item needed in another quest for the sword
shard.

"Bjoern Liffers" <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in
message news:eek:psk8im3yj036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE...